PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY EVER GOT HIS VIPER OUT IN WINTER???

Rice-Eater
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
so thats the question....I dont want an explanation of why u dont get it out cause that I know why.......I just wanna know if u EVER got it out and how it was........also did u put winter tires(...dont think any would fit on a viper tho)......

SylvanSRT
06-01-2003, 09:45 PM
no such thing as winter tires for the snake. I have driven my cars in winter. picked up the SRT Jan. 14th and drove home from CAAP. I never drive when ice and snow are onthe road, or it it has been recently salted. Other wise i dont remove insurance and will try to drive the car every 4-6 wk or more frequently if the weather permits. same situation w/ my '01 and '02 RT/10's. the technology in the frame and body construction today i figure a good bath after a ride and no harm done. and what are the chances for corrosion with a car that is mostly plastic. chances are also i wont own the car long enough to have it rot away anyway.

Rice-Eater
06-01-2003, 09:50 PM
im surprised to see someone gets it out often.......the reason im asking this is im thinking about getting an srt-10 or a gts soon instead of in 2yrs(like in my sig) and I was asking myself wats the best for quebec.....since my car I drive it all year long with summer tires without probs and that a viper would "normally" be for summer only....

lleone
06-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Somebody a long while ago posted this great video of himself having fun with his snake in a snowy parking lot. It was a great, great video. Try doing a search.

slaughterj
06-02-2003, 11:27 AM
I drive through the winter, and have driven on solid ice before, but don't recommend that ;)

lleone
06-02-2003, 11:57 AM
and have driven on solid ice before, but don't recommend that ;)

(...in just about any car...)

ViperGTS
06-02-2003, 12:48 PM
http://vca2.viperclub.org/gallery/data/507/145snow.jpg

my viper
06-02-2003, 01:39 PM
that is not a Photoshop pic. Am I correct, ViperGTS.

Also, isn't real snow or a real car ;)

DR VIPER
06-02-2003, 02:06 PM
I can only remember driving my Trans am a few years ago through a blizzard and doing spins and donuts all over the road.Never again,thanks!
Viper should be pretty much the same,but worse!

ViperGTS
06-02-2003, 02:38 PM
NO photoshop.
REAL pic.
REAL snow.
REAL model car.
:D

TZL
06-02-2003, 04:02 PM
i bought my viper in Feb. and i drove it often. However, i do live in a snow-less land, northern california

Nexus-6
06-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Dallas winters are easy to take the Snake out in!

Can't beat the low intake temps either once the tires come up to temp a little bit...

Y2KACR
06-04-2003, 01:40 PM
I drive my ACR in the winter on dry days. I don't drive it when there is snow, ice and/or salt on the roads. My experience with the tires is that they have little or no stick when the temperature is at zero (F) or less. Cold tires and a cold street make me very cautious now.

Jeff Torrey
06-04-2003, 08:51 PM
I drive mine in the winter on choice days. Roads are clear and dry. Temps are below freezing. Last fall I got caught in Vermont on Columbus day weekend (Oct. 10th or so). Took the wife on a weekend getaway. Woke up in the morning with 1/2 an inch of crusty snow and Ice on the ground. It was real tricky getting out of the motel parking lot, but I got the car out without a problem in second gear. Took 2 washes to clean things up.

jimandela
06-04-2003, 10:38 PM
i had to move car in the snow about 100 yards.
from one garage to another.
had about 4-6 inches on the ground

first,second gear were useless.. just spun.
third worked and plowed me thru..
it was fun but scary .. didnt want to slide into the building i was going into.
i wouldnt recommend it.. but i had little choice the roof was collapsing due to the massive
snow storm.. ekk!

BarbaraAnn
06-15-2003, 10:25 PM
We drove two Vipers to the Invitational in Las Vegas in '99 and got into a serious snow storm on I-70. The Vipers run really well in the snow, but our big worry was chunks of ice that fall off the semis. We white-knuckled it...and had a ball!

slaughterj
06-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Might as well post some pics ;)

http://www.yandros.com/Tampa/ViperIceLawn2.JPG

http://www.yandros.com/Tampa/ViperIceRear.JPG

Birvini
06-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Nice parking job!

slaughterj
06-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Nice parking job!

Driving in on solid ice, there was no way I was going to try to negotiate the driveway ;)