Membership Recruitment

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Membership Recruitment:

Did the VCA do anything to recruit members from the NON MEMBER VOI-X attendees?
Im estimating that some (small?) percentage of attendees were NOT members....but now might be persuaded to join? "SOMEONE KNOWS" who paid more, as a non-member, for VOI registration. There were 2 non-members at our dinner table night one, MATT and ERIC ......a tiny sample = 20% ! = ~100 possible new members?

Assuming a Post-event mailing again occurs, why not insert a VCA invite to those ~100 ? Send em the new 'glove box' brochure?

At the DTW VCA-Prez meeting, recruiting VCA members from NEW, NON-MEMBER WEBSITE REGISTRANTS was also discussed..... I hope VCA begins the process right away, as we approach the magic OCTOBER 1 date. OCTOBER is when applicants get the most membership bang for buck... 15 mos for the price of 12 !!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my (overpriced) $0.02. Make VOI for VCA only. Non-members pay $115 (or $150) more than VCA members. Heck, even cut the non-members a deal since they are cool enough to go to a VOI. Make them pay $100 extra for VOI and that includes a years membership to VCA.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's my (overpriced) $0.02. Make VOI for VCA only. Non-members pay $115 (or $150) more than VCA members. Heck, even cut the non-members a deal since they are cool enough to go to a VOI. Make them pay $100 extra for VOI and that includes a years membership to VCA.

Gotta look to History:

Viper OWNER Invitationals began before VCA existed. Dodge, as host, is inviting owners of it's flagship (!) marque. All Owners Welcome. If # 11 has VCA as host, who knows?

VCA actually DID grant a $55pp discount to VCA member registration fees at VOI-X. So a couple would get a $110 discount ! This 'offset' a 1 year membership, and in effect SPONSORING $35,000+ of VOI cost for its members.

The ZONE RONDYs are VCA only...............

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think excessive advertising or individual pursuit will just piss people off. If you're at VOI, then surely you're aware of the VCA and there's a pretty good reason you're not a member.

Put your effort into those that are not making club events, and avoid wasting dollars pursuing those that surely have their reasons set.

I know, the no-shows are a harder target, but why waste advertising on the others?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what Jon is saying, but with all the time and $$ VCA invests into VOI's, I think being a dues paying member is just the polite thing to do before you show up. This is going to sound elitist as hell, but its the only way I can think to put it. You want to party with us, you should be one of us.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The challenge is that the VOI is not, and never has been, restricted to VCA members. At least so far. VOI X was the first Invitational where the VCA put up funds to help defer costs. And given the current state of flux on the Viper platform ownership, I suspect the VCA will be significantly more involved from a financial perspective on VOI 11. At that point we may have more say in who attends. That's not to say we wouldn't allow non-members to attend (of course), but that we might indeed pose a surcharge of, say, $115 per couple for non-members. Which would include a year's membership as Chad suggested.

That said, we certainly want to recruit members for more than just a VOI event. The challenge with Jon's suggestion is that the VOI registrations belong to Chrysler as it was their event. Assuming we can get Chrysler to allow us to do a mailing or an insert on a VOI follow up, then we would be good to go. But if Chrysler maintains those registrations must remain private then we can't do much. It is similar to the COOL program, in that new Viper owners can "opt-out" of any VCA contact, even when they are automatically given a membership.

Keep those ideas coming!

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm aware that Dodge owns the VOI registrations, as well as COOL and other registration data, and that VCA cannot 'have' the names.......So I suggested:

"""Assuming a Post-event mailing again occurs, why not insert a VCA invite to those ~100 ? Send em the new 'glove box' brochure?""

All VCA would have to do is give ~100 'glove box invites' for any POST EVENT Dodge mailing, assuming they do one as in past VOIs....and VCA wont ever see the names. Or pay the postage and staff time and SEND it to those Dodge-known ~100. VCA does not get to see the names. And I bet $1 that Dodge Marketing will LET you!

And suggesting a Viper owner getting '**********' by an individual invite to VCA?! {please insert moronic laughing smiley face here}

Now, about those VCA WEB Signups by non-member owners............

Membership Recruitment:

Assuming a Post-event mailing again occurs, why not insert a VCA invite to those ~100 ? Send em the new 'glove box' brochure?

At the DTW VCA-Prez meeting, recruiting VCA members from NEW, NON-MEMBER WEBSITE REGISTRANTS was also discussed..... I hope VCA begins the process right away, as we approach the magic OCTOBER 1 date. OCTOBER is when applicants get the most membership bang for buck... 15 mos for the price of 12 !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32