Post deleted without notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post deleted without notice? I posted in another thread and it was deleted. I thought I would be notified if this happened? There was nothing offensive, rude, or anything against the rules in my post.

There is a movie "Christmas Story" where the kid wants a B-B gun and he is told "You'll shoot your eye out" meanwhile there is a sub story about the radio show "orphan Annie" and he orders his decoder ring. After it arrives he listens to the radio and, using his new decoder ring, deciphers the message.

The message was, "be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

He was listening every day as the tale went along then realized it was a commercial.

Following a thread, watching as the work progressed, thought it was interesting, then came the sales pitch....The Commercial.

I simply pointed out the obvious. I have no axe to grind, and I honestly thought it sad that so many TV shows and everything is eventually turned into a commercial.

Will this be deleted too? I hope not. I have been a member here for a long long time, without ever an issue. 5 Vipers (currently own two) and never an issue with my posts or my member standing. I hope this was a mistake.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand what you are saying....what thread did you post in and what did you say. It makes no sense for anyone to delete anything like that and you would have received a notification for sure. Perhaps you clicked out before the post entered and it did not upload. That does happen.
PM me the details of what you posted and what rtheread, include a link please.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, the post was there. Got a big laugh out of it because I'm old enough to remember the movie and understood the message. So who has the power to delete a post without informing the originator of the post?.........

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand what you are saying....what thread did you post in and what did you say. It makes no sense for anyone to delete anything like that and you would have received a notification for sure. Perhaps you clicked out before the post entered and it did not upload. That does happen.
PM me the details of what you posted and what rtheread, include a link please.

from the peanut gallery: good post lee :2tu:

Nope, the post was there. Got a big laugh out of it because I'm old enough to remember the movie and understood the message. So who has the power to delete a post without informing the originator of the post?.........

thanks for the followup Mutts

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I deleted Mopar Steve's post as I was going through the site last night at the request of a vendor. I forgot to send Mopar Steve a PM about the post deletion. I posted why the post(s) were deleted in the TT thread. Next time I will send a notification more quickly. Steve's post also had another line jabbing at the vendor posting policy/advertising which is why I deleted the post. If you got your shorts up in a *** from my deleting the post without proper notification, my apologies.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you got your shorts up in a *** from my deleting the post without proper notification, my apologies.

Some of the staff here seem to forget that members PAY to be here. As such, they should also be treated like customers, IMHO. Some staff members are also terrible at properly communicating with paying sponsors of this club. Please guys, keep this in mind when you Admins/Moderators respond to VCA members and sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper