Oil pan gasket! Cracked in 5 places.

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1995 RT/10 had oil leaking from passenger side of the oil pan gasket. I dropped the pan only to find the gasket cracked in multiple places. I thought this would be a quick fix until I found out this gasket was 180 dollars. Does anybody know of an aftermarket gasket or how to make one? If I make one a was wondering about the clearences since the original gasket is so thick. If I have to get a oem gasket what are the torque specs so I don't ruin the new gasket? Thanks

Last edited:

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's pricey!
I had mine out a few times when my car was 3 years old. I remember being impressed by the technology and it didn't need any gasket sealer, but yours is 15 years old now.

I would clean the whole thing of oil, and put the old gasket back with "The Right Stuff" on both sides.
That gasket sealer will seal anything.

R

RTED

That is one of those jobs that you only want do done once and do it right to avoid bigger problems or risk a potential fire if the oil gets on the exhaust or or finds it way to the cats. . Call Chuck Tator at Tator Dodge to get a price and advice on a replacement gasket.

ruf575

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also had to replace the oil pan gasket (trying to fix a nagging small leak) on my '94. Called Chuck to order one and he had to use the defibrillator to revive me after the inital shock, talk about Viper Tax :omg:! Oh and Chuck will give you the updated Mopar aluminum oil pan gasket with the seal built into it. Definately a really nice piece but still way overpriced! Thanks again Chuck for all the help on my car!!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I paid $150 for mine with the 20% discount available at the time.

There is another cheaper option that I found.

Fel-Pro QOS30695R - Fel-Pro Oil Pan Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I have no experiance with this and I am not recommending it...I am just passing on information that I found when I was looking.

I asked if anyone on the board had any experiance with this gasket and no one replied.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That OLD style gasket is outdated. The new one is more expensive, but you wont have a repeat situation! The new one is made out of aluminum/silicon, not plastic and silicon. You DO NOT want to try and rig an oil pan gasket... unless you are trying to chase leaks for the rest of your life...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I paid $150 for mine with the 20% discount available at the time.

There is another cheaper option that I found.

Fel-Pro QOS30695R - Fel-Pro Oil Pan Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I have no experiance with this and I am not recommending it...I am just passing on information that I found when I was looking.

I asked if anyone on the board had any experiance with this gasket and no one replied.

That gasket is for the Iron V-10, completely different block/pan setup.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That gasket is for the Iron V-10, completely different block/pan setup.

Dan, Thanks for the clarification, I am really glad that I didn't buy it now! The picture had a disclaimer that it wasn't an actually representation of the part. I would have wasted a lot of time with the return hassle.