2012 Events

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm familiar with bluebell, what are these bluebonnets you speak of?

Just kidding Alan, I'm up for all of these suggestions unfortunately the Wife and I have been occupied with some family concerns as of late:(

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm familiar with bluebell, what are these bluebonnets you speak of?

Just kidding Alan, I'm up for all of these suggestions unfortunately the Wife and I have been occupied with some family concerns as of late:(

Andy, you just might be the professional photographer I'm talking about .... I've seen your work :headbang:I hope we can get past the recent drought in hopes of plenty of wild flowers this year.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could dust off the camera for my Viper buddies :). Finding a decent location to shoot cars with bluebonnets is tougher than it sounds though. At least out here there are tons of them along 105, but they are literally on the side of a 60-70 mph moving highway. Can we get shots? Yep, but will they look professional? Kinda sorta;). When they come out I'll scout some spots with my car and see what I can come up with.

Andy

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap Meet? I'm sure everyone has parts they want to sell / trade, might be easier and more effective than the classifieds and other options.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of us are interested at all.....what where you thinking. :)

1. Dyno day.
2. Nat forest cruise after c and c. (Flatout).
3. Track Days (duh!)...(Hou99gts)
4. "cruises" on curvy roads (Hou99gts)
5. group caravan to the round up in austin (Hou99gts)
6. MSR go-kart track day (Hou99gts)
7. Tech Ed at Tomball (Or another lift with a willing 'well fed' Viper Tech). (Shooter)
8. Depending on location, caravan for VOI (Unfortunately, rumors say East coast)
9. Summer BBQ (A given!)(viperbabe)
10. Indoor shooting range time for gun owners in the group (RCC)
11. Detailing Class from Pro Detailer (F8L SNK)
12. Gull car museum tour in Magnolia.
13. Blue bonnet cruise
14. Photo shoot (possibly with 13.) (Slithr).
15. Swap meet (hou99gts)

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***We would like to put together a blue bonnet cruise but must wait on the flowers to decide on a date this Spring***

March 10th- Event Pending
We are trying to secure the details of this event. More info to come soon!! **Likely a cruise and Winery Tour/Wine tasting. Logistics are being worked out and we will post a new thread for this event.

March 30th thru April 1st- Central Texas Round Up- Austin, TX
As always, this is an event not to miss. Plenty of Viper love, Viper fun, and Viper talk. Who doesn’t want to spend the weekend in Central Texas with the greatest car ever built? We are still waiting on final details, but the weekend is set….make sure you are there. Also, there will be a caravan heading up to Austin, TX. Those details are still being worked out.

April 7th- Short Cruise to MSR Karting- Angleton, TX-
Join us for a short cruise from the Houston area down to MSR Houston for a little go cart action. It’s not the same as the track in your Viper, but it is close. See what all the hype is about.

April 14th- Ronald McDonald House Mini Car Show & Dinner- Houston, TX
Want to know what the kids think about your Viper? Do you think that you have the “Coolest Car?” Why not come out and let the kids of the Ronald McDonald House decide. We will be putting on a mini car show in the parking lot of the Ronald McDonald House and then will be serving dinner to the residents. As long as you can put a smile on the face of one of these kids…..you will feel like a winner!! Don’t miss out.

April 22nd- Backroads Cruise and Tech Lunch & Learn- San Leon, TX-
We are going to start our backroads & tech session adventure on a well planned out backroad route from the archives of the Houston VCA map file. We will hit the open, and curvy, backroads in our machines and see why they call it a “scenic route.” But all good things lead to another as we end our cruise in San Leon, TX with a Gen I, Gen II, Gen III & Gen IV tech session lunch & learn. We will be going over some basic technical Q & A on each type of Viper. If you want to learn more about your car, be sure not to miss this event.

May 6th- Keels & Wheels Event and Lunch- Sea Brook, TX
The Houston VCA has been asked to enter 3 or 4 versions of the greatest car ever built….the Dodge Viper. Some of our members will have their beasts on display for the masses as the Keels & Wheels event happening in Sea Brook, TX. We are planning to meet at the Keels & Wheels event and taking a tour of all the great machines on display. After the tour, we will be heading out to grab some lunch.

May 19th- Southside Cruise- Houston, TX
We will be running the roads and scouring the maps to find us the best route available on the South side of town to see what our machines can do. More details to come but you can be sure that this event will be well worth it.

June 9th- Classy Chassis Tour- Houston, TX
Join the Houston Viper Club as we meet for a tour of the Classy Chassis event happening at Reliant Stadium. We will be viewing some of the most beautiful cars in the world. Don’t forget to sign up to participate in the Ride A Long program benefiting the Shriners Hospital. For more info, please contact the Houston VCA.

June 24th- Houston VCA Detailer Session- TBD
We have gone thru the list and picked one of the best detailer’s in town to give us a mini session on how to properly detail your beauty. You may think your Viper is pretty…..but I bet you can make it beautiful. Be sure to come out and find out how.

July ???- Backroads Cruise- TBD
We are going to be digging in the Cruise Route File again for this one. Plan on it being another beautiful drive on some curvy and fast roads. Who doesn’t love to hit the open road and enjoy some drive time? Details to follow.

July 21st- Houston VCA Social & Dinner- Houston, TX
We know that your spouse doesn’t always get to join you on our adventures, so we thought we would have an event that everyone will enjoy. This time….it’s socializing and dinner. What better way to talk cars and still have a nice dinner? The final location is still being worked out but be sure it will be worth the wait.

August 11th- 4th Annual Texas “Snake Pit” BBQ- Houston, TX
We know it is hot this time of year. So going out for a cruise may not make everyone happy. So we decided it is time for our 4th Annual Texas “Snake Pit” BBQ and Pool Party. This time, Beth & Richard Sewell have graciously donated their home for the event. Same great BBQ, different atmosphere. AND A/C!! For those of you that have been to a Snake Pit BBQ, you know that it is going to be a good time. Cooler races will happen and the BBQ will fill your stomachs. You DO NOT want to miss this event.

September 8th- Backroads Cruise- Everywhere around Houston, TX
We just can’t get enough driving time. This time we will be heading out on a different route. But you can be sure that it will be a good one. Fill up with gas, get your favorite tunes together…..it’s gonna be a blast!!

September 21st-22nd- Viper Days- TWS- College Station, TX
Ever want to learn what your Viper can really do but never had a safe enough environment to do it in? Well, Viper Days at TWS is the place to learn. No matter if you have never been on the track before or have raced more races than you can remember….Viper Days is where it’s at. There are instructors for the Novice just in case you want to hone your driving skills or just need some time with other Track Rats to practice your skill. But either way, there is plenty of track time for all of us. You can find out more info by checking out www.NARRA.com. And for those of you that aren’t able to make the Viper Days event all weekend but would like to spend the day checking it out….we will also be putting on a cruise from Houston to College Station and the track to meet up with the rest of the group. So no worries!!

September 27th-30th- VOI 12- Charlotte, NC
The 12th Viper Owners Invitational is the spectacular event that will be hosted in Charlotte, NC from September 27-30, 2012. Tentative driving activities include road course, autocross, go karts, scenic cruise, and drag strip. As always, excellent meals will be provided Thursday through Saturday, with a special fundraising dinner on Sunday night also included. The event will also feature some great Viper vendor displays, guest speakers, and several vehicles from our friends in Detroit. This will be your opportunity to get up close and personal with the brand new 2013 SRT Viper! More details are to follow, including the host hotels, rates, and much, much more. Stay tuned!

October 13th & 14th- Hill Country Weekend- Texas Hill Country
This event is sure to please. This will be an overnight trip to the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Plenty of cruising the backroads and seeing the gorgeous landscape. We will be touring all over this area and soaking in the sites. Hotel info is still being worked out but we will be sure to give you enough time to clear your schedule for this event.

October 28th- Horses & Guns- Houston, TX
We know that you can control all that horsepower…..why not find out if you can handle a gun as well. This is a new event for us but we can already see it being a hit. We will be meeting somewhere in Houston, TX and take a short cruise over to one of our local gun ranges for some target practice. Just please make sure that you aim down the range!!

November ???- 2nd Annual Houston VCA Track Event- Angleton, TX
Learning what your Viper can do is essential to true driving skill. And the only way to truly learn your Viper is on a closed, private race track. This event is your chance to take advantage of learning your driving skills. Last year we had the track all to ourselves from 9a-1p. And it worked out perfect. Plenty of driving time and plenty of car talk. Don’t miss out on a truly great event. We are still trying to work out the details but will let you now as soon as they are worked out.

November 20th-25th- Houston Autorama- Houston, TX
Once again, the Houston Viper Club has been asked to display some of our beautiful muscle cars at the Houston Autorama. We invite you to come out during the week of Thanksgiving to see our display and all the other wonderful machines being presented.

December 8th- The 4th Annual Houston VCA Christmas Party- Houston, TX
Join us as we celebrate the holiday season Viper style. We are arranging to have our Christmas party at Perry’s this year. Steaks….drinks….and friends. What better way is there to end the year? We hope that you can join us.

December ???- HPD Toys for Tots Toy Run-
Join us as we help out a great cause. HPD (Houston Performance Driving) puts together a toy run for needy kids in the Houston area. And the Houston Viper Club wants to help. We are waiting on the final details of this year’s event but we will for sure helping to make a difference.

January 12th or 13th, 2013- The 2nd Annual Houston VCA Go Kart Grand Prix- Katy, TX
It's a new year and that means some new fun. Our first scheduled event for the 2013 year is the 2nd Annual Houston VCA Go Kart Grand Prix. It has been planned at Track 21 In Door Go Carts located on Hwy 6 near Clay Road. Come out and prove that you can race anything on wheels!! Also, we can head out to dinner somewhere close by afterward. Awards to be presented afterwards on the grand podium. Come out and see if you have what it takes to win.

We have a lot on stand by as well. The nature of a year calendar means some details are yet to be worked out. We hope Houston VCA members take advantage of our intention to provide at least one event a month they would enjoy. We have committed to more events in order to maximize everyone's busy schedule.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a fun and eventful schedule ahead of us.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the dyno day. Since I'm new to the viper community, are there any big HP vipers in the area besides Tim's old car?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Wow,
Good job, lots to do this year.:2tu: Hopefully be able to make some of them this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper