Cat Deletes w/o Throwing Codes or Issues?

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am wanting to install the entire Belanger header and exhaust system with cat deletes. Has anyone done this without having check engine light or other issues by using O2 dummy sensors or extenders? I am thinking about keeping this Viper simple without creating the money pit I did with my 2005. Oh yeah, I am referring to a 2013 SRT. I want the raw sound and ability to shoot flames without creating trouble.

Anyone do this yet successfully, and if so, what is the best remedy to address the check engine light or other potential issues (product for addressing O2 sensors)?

Thanks in advance!
Justin

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am wanting to install the entire Belanger header and exhaust system with cat deletes. Has anyone done this without having check engine light or other issues by using O2 dummy sensors or extenders? I am thinking about keeping this Viper simple without creating the money pit I did with my 2005. Oh yeah, I am referring to a 2013 SRT. I want the raw sound and ability to shoot flames without creating trouble.

Anyone do this yet successfully, and if so, what is the best remedy to address the check engine light or other potential issues (product for addressing O2 sensors)?

Thanks in advance!
Justin
The best thing to do is the new Arrow PCM, but it will not pass emissions testing and I have not seen a car without cats and the stock PCM not have a CEL because of it. You could try some extenders and pull them from the airstream, but the new cars are pretty sensitive and may not work.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wonder how the extenders would work. its worth a shot for someone to try and report back

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can get good sound out of the exhaust and make good power with the Catalyst, its bad for the environment to remove them, you get fumes in the car and smell like exhaust.

Change out the mufflers with a 16-20 inch Magnaflow and you will make plenty of noise. If your state allows aftermarket cats, change the head pipes and you will really wake up the block
in the morning!

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get good sound out of the exhaust and make good power with the Catalyst, its bad for the environment to remove them, you get fumes in the car and smell like exhaust.

Change out the mufflers with a 16-20 inch Magnaflow and you will make plenty of noise. If your state allows aftermarket cats, change the head pipes and you will really wake up the block
in the morning!

Dan,

So are various size Magnaflow mufflers (16-20 in) available for the Gen V's?

Which size is the loudest and what is the most affordable vendor? Please PM me with vendor if you would rather than make public.

Thanks in advance!

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I went with the Arrow controler, American Racing headers no cats and four 20"X5" magnaflow mufflers
It sounds awesome but there is a slight drone in the 1000-1500 range but the power and sound is so worth it
I can get you the p/n for the mufflers if you need me too
I have no codes and the arrow controller turns off the rear O2 sensors
Thanks
Wayne

rlhay2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its bad for the environment to remove them, you get fumes in the car and smell like exhaust.

Most cats don't live long once the car is generating more than 700rwhp.
Admittedly, this is not an issue for a stock car...

If passing the plug-in emissions test is a concern the verdict is still out whether or not the Arrow controller will work. I don't believe anyone has tried it yet.
HPTuners, while not yet a perfect solution has, may be the better option if passing emissions without cats is a hurdle.

Reaction score
Most cats don't live long once the car is generating more than 700rwhp.
Admittedly, this is not an issue for a stock car...

If passing the plug-in emissions test is a concern the verdict is still out whether or not the Arrow controller will work. I don't believe anyone has tried it yet.
HPTuners, while not yet a perfect solution has, may be the better option if passing emissions without cats is a hurdle.
The Arrow PCM will not pass a plug in test that is a known. If you use the HPT option you cannot go back to a stock calibration without the dealer knowing, once the HPT is flashed into the stock PCM the part number that the Chrysler software looks for is gone for good and the dealer equipment no longer recognizes the PCM for updates or diagnostics.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Arrow controler, American Racing headers no cats and four 20"X5" magnaflow mufflers
It sounds awesome but there is a slight drone in the 1000-1500 range but the power and sound is so worth it
I can get you the p/n for the mufflers if you need me too
I have no codes and the arrow controller turns off the rear O2 sensors
Thanks
Wayne

Well, based on this post I changed my mind at the last minute and am going with Belanger complete system without cats, (2) 3inch exhaust and the Arrow PCM. I can't wait to hear it and shoot flames again like my Gen III did!!! :headbang:

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dan , i posted re: my issue…. this is jim, u did my '14 T/A corsa and brake lines….if you recall my set up on removing the stock ext and distal cats,…. if i do the arrow cpm, will it set of the CEL ? if it doesn't, i'm pre sure it will pass calif smog,as there is no more tail pipe gas testing, as you know….
what's your take on this ?
tnx, jR
'14 T/A #66

Reaction score
dan , i posted re: my issue…. this is jim, u did my '14 T/A corsa and brake lines….if you recall my set up on removing the stock ext and distal cats,…. if i do the arrow cpm, will it set of the CEL ? if it doesn't, i'm pre sure it will pass calif smog,as there is no more tail pipe gas testing, as you know….
what's your take on this ?
tnx, jR
'14 T/A #66
the Arrow PCM will not throw a CEL, but will not pass a plug in test because the rear O2's are non functioning.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Arrow PCM will not throw a CEL, but will not pass a plug in test because the rear O2's are non functioning.

I'm just hoping if I get pulled over after the install (and I dont have a current inspection sticker) I can think of some bs or the cops will be so mesmerized by the car, they will give me a break? I know...Plan B ***** right now....lol...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper