New to Viper, but not to Go-Fast World

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to hold off on getting too wild on the mods, as without knowing it you got one of the rarest color/model combinations ever done. If I remember correctly there were only 28 Slate Coupes done, with half having stripes, so whatever you do make sure you can put it back to original .

Congrats on getting a very unique machine --- as there are supposedly only 13 solid Coupes left , as one was converted to a striped car.

Enjoy.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
Now this is an unreal coincidence! I just read some of the fine print at the bottom of the original window sticker. Can you guess what dealership sold the Viper originally? Yes, indeed, that Viper was sold by none other than Woodhouse! :):):)

How long do you keep records Bill? You're the go to person! Apparently the original buyer was from Missouri since that's where it was first titled. Possibly, Woodhouse sold it to a Missouri dealership. It's going to be easy to write a complete history on the car!

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one cracked me up...

So I'm doing the insurance on the Viper and the person asked if I had taken a defensive driving course. I asked if HPDE counted... LOL...

What's HPDE, the rep asked. Why it's high performance driver's education done on a racetrack. Very long pause...

Sorry, no discounts for HPDE, but you can take defensive driving through AARP to get your $100 discount. So is go-fast granny going to take AARP defensive driving?

Geez that whole little discourse made me feel freaking O-L-D!

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I Think it should be a requirement that you take driving lessons at a race track before you can get your drivers license. Im 16 and just starting to really drive, and Ive been to the track a few times with my brother, and I love it. One day Ill have a thread like this showing off my new Viper.:spider:

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm from San Antonio as well. The first thing I would do is drop by Leathal Performance and talk to Danny. He's currently doing the twin turbo on my '81 TA then heads and cam on my '06 vert. He's seen a easy 720hp with his mods. He will dyno it before and after. Once you look at his garage and see what he is doing you'll know your in the right place.

When I get home on leave in March well have to take a cruse through the twisted sisters (335,336,337)
I was home for a week in Nov. and ran it twice and now I need to get my front bumper re-painted. get the 3M or EXPEL before you go run it, the truckers like to pull over and throw rocks at cars tring to pass.