RT/10 Charging System

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
My 1993 RT/10 is setting the battery light indicating "charging problems". The voltmeter is indicating high volts about 15.5. I have recharged the battery and cleaned the side terminals and still get the alarm intermittently. The voltage slowly goes high and then drops back in the 14 volt range and the battery light goes out.
Ideas?
Mickey Craig
Orlando

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the voltage reg. is acting up. Don't know if it's in the alternator or the computer. I think it's in the puter,,,, bummer!!!!!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the voltage reg. is acting up. Don't know if it's in the alternator or the computer. I think it's in the puter,,,, bummer!!!!!
no its not, count the wires two or three? Mine has three, hince it is regulated internally. I had problems with mine too, rebuilt it and still had problems, the light never came on, but it read 15.5 volts all the time. I put a new battery and cleaned the termals (including the one under the hood) and it it ok now. I think gen2's were regulated by the computer.

OP
OP
C

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks, cleaned all the terminals and installed a new battery and the problem has gone away!
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper