Can someone please explain WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they allowed to curse on the other site and we're not?

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess because we have a higher standard of conduct--Dave

There is no proven correlation between cursing and lower levels of conduct. This is the Viper club of AMERICA...we should have the freedom to use those words if we want. Let Jeff sort out what's inappropriate.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we had the FREEDOM to say those words but CHOSE not to use them, THAT would show a higher standard of conduct per individual. I personally have the ability to make ethical decisions whilst cursing...and capable of morality without attending church. Gentlemen, we need the right to CHOOSE.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, this thread may be better if it was moved to "Ask VCA". Sorry about that.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's keep the vca clean no street racing and no cursing please!! Let's not turn the VCA into a viper alley, like the voa is doing. You can post what you like on the other sites, oh wait your band from them!!!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I know I take people more seriously when they can present a point of view without resulting in name calling and using foul language. With that said, I think I've heard it and said it all.

When needed, I like my edit button :D

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Forum Rules: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654088-Current-VCA-Website-and-Forum-Posting-Policies

The VCA is a 501(c)(7) Federal exempt entity that has been, and hopefully, will remain family friendly. Many young Viper enthusiasts view the VCA site. As responsible adults, the VCA leadership recognizes that and try to kep it reasonably civilized.

1. All posts must conform to a standard that is acceptable in content to Prime Time Broadcast Network TV (TVPGhttp://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp). ******, *********** or profanity (this includes "unique" spelling of profane words) will not be tolerated. Posts not maintaining this standard will be subject to deletion.

2. Personal assaults, threats, stalking, defamatory statements, promotion or suggestions of illegal activity, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any social group or individual will be subject to deletion. Vendors that demonstrate this behavior on other websites may have their posting privileges on the VCA Forums moderated or suspended.

3. Posts attacking other posters rather than disagreeing with the post will be subject to deletion.

4. Posts or messages that taunt or disparage any of the moderators or the administrator are not permitted. Additionally, posts implying derogatory meanings whether by "double entendre" or inference will be subject to deletion.

5. Attempts at thread hijacking (malicious posting in a fashion to a topic, with intent to change the initial focus) will be subject to deletion.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoy that this is the kind of site that if I leave it on my desk up unattended I will never be embarrassed for anyone to walk in and see what I am looking at. No profanity, no ******, nothing embarrassing at all.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's keep the vca clean no street racing and no cursing please!! Let's not turn the VCA into a viper alley, like the voa is doing. You can post what you like on the other sites, oh wait your band from them!!!

Fair assessment. FYI, the other club unbanned me.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I enjoy that this is the kind of site that if I leave it on my desk up unattended I will never be embarrassed for anyone to walk in and see what I am looking at. No profanity, no ******, nothing embarrassing at all.

Agree a 10000%

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Over the past 20 years or so, I've been on a lot of different sites for a variety of reasons. I remember way back when it was bulletin boards and those fun dial up connections. As stated above, it's refreshing to have a conversation on just about any topic and not worry about what my wife might think as she looks over my shoulder. I appreciate the question as it does show that the VCA character is far different from 99% of the other vehicle forums on the net.

Good question Free, I hope you got an answer that makes you feel as good about the VCA as I do. Good Friends, Good Fun and I can be honest all the time with my Wife about what I'm typing, reading and seeing

Cheers
Make it a Great Day
Jeff

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any response to my question is valid. And guys, if your wife gets upset about some drivel on a car forum...that's her *********** problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are too much. LOL.

1. All posts must conform to a standard that is acceptable in content to Prime Time Broadcast Network TV (TVPG
http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp). ******, *********** or profanity (this includes "unique" spelling of profane words) will not be tolerated. Posts not maintaining this standard will be subject to deletion.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some time ago, it was decided that the VCA wanted to be a club that Chrysler could be proud of. That profanity would add little to the site, and that there were tons of other places for people to use foul language on the internet.

Members wanted a place that they felt comfortable using at work, or at home with their wives, girlfriends and families.

Please respect this.

I know that other clubs have their own standards, and people are welcome to use profanity and ****** language there, however this site is designed to be PC.

I believe even George Carlin would approve of this restraint.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why compare sites, if you like it here/stay here and follow the rules, if you don't like it, don't, why even spend your energy on these things....

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain why these threads ever get started? :)

Let's just say there are MANY sites out there you can say whatever you want, about whomever you want. Long ago, someone decided to make this family friendly, and we are continually asked by much of the membership to keep it clean. So for competitive reasons and by request of most users, it makes sense to keep it clean.

Anyone who knows me knows I curse like a sailor, so I realize its difficult, but I gotta follow the rules like everyone else.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Since this question has been answered, it is now closed.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper