The CAAP party

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
So Saturday was the end of an era

What did we learn

The last Viper isn't the last Viper
There are 10 out of country Vipers still to be finished an one of them might be an auction car

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there yesterday. I was told the couple from Texas got the last VIN number. The car was produced out of the normal order and picked up before the event. There were a few cars still on the line and a few completed cars. That was it. All the parts bins were basically empty; the Viper Store was empty; and there was a "Clean out your locker" sign on the door of the locker rooms for the employees. It was like being at the wake of an old friend. The plant manager gave a nice speech outside under the event tent where we all were gathered. As part of the speech, he informed us that all of the plant employees have been counseled and have all received their reassignments to a different plant. FCA is going to have an announcement regarding the future of the plant after the Viper. I heard a rumor that it will be used as a Museum. Unlike the End of the Line ceremony on July 1, 2010, there was no in plant ceremony and there were zero rumors about the future. The Viper is now deceased. Long live its memory.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Bob, do you consider the highest vin as the last (850 is higher than 800) or the last Date of MFR & MDH?

In my book, the highest Vin isn't the last , the last Date of MFR with last MDH is the last

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Historian's choice. 20 years from now, there may not be any records showing the date other than what is on the sticker on the door. Some door stickers, as you know, are not accurate because the car was produced out of sequence after the door sticker had already been printed.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Historian's choice. 20 years from now, there may not be any records showing the date other than what is on the sticker on the door. Some door stickers, as you know, are not accurate because the car was produced out of sequence after the door sticker had already been printed.

More often than not, that out of sequence data is reflected on the door tag

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
As a follow up, Vipers that have been produced out of order making one 1st off the line in its category as opposed to let's say 3rd would be adversely affected much lick those off the line later than what would be expected if one just uses vin order. Which in my research and educated opinion based on the research, would be a mistake. #1 may be #1, however #3 went down the line first. Both have a valuable claim, just for different reasons and criteria

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically speaking, if Wayne Rauh is Zeus, that makes most of us minor deities and demigods. This makes so much sense as I always considered myself a low level super hero prior to my Viper purchase anyway.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically speaking, if Wayne Rauh is Zeus, that makes most of us minor deities and demigods. This makes so much sense as I always considered myself a low level super hero prior to my Viper purchase anyway.
When you say low level, do you imply that you are Batmans sidekick Robin, or maybe more like the Joker.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Test Post, just to see if I am able....

As Jeff and quite a few others know well, Vipers were SELDOM built in any numerical vin # sequence or order. Notable exceptions include the GT-2 aka GTS-R replica cars of 1998. [But not many know the primary reason that this erratic non-sequence was the case.]

Weirder still, during Prowler production years, it was possible to have a Viper vin # well up into the the higher-thousands and far beyond the # of Vipers actually built.
Hi and Bye!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper