Is this guy nuts?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Can you give me a good reason why someone who owns an SR looking to sell it should let it go for anything less than something in the ballpark of orignal MSRP? What are options does a buyer have they REALLY want one? Throw a tantrum like free2go in the hopes that the seller just lowers the price? I don't think that's going to work. I guess they could just wait and hope a sucker appears and lets one go cheap.

You can ask anything you want

Buyer options, to many to list. The view that a Stryker Red is the only option is rediculous.

Oh, why would I throw I tantrum, did I mention my Challenger is Purple, I’d be more interested in a Stryker a Purple, but my favorite color is probably Snakeskin Green. It’s also hard not to like the Saphire Blue or the Competition Blue

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a car sits and sits and sits without selling it is not priced at a realistic level. Duh.

A lot of Vipers sit and sit regardless of their price; a lot of buyers have unrealistic expectations of price when it comes to buying Vipers. Duh.

You can ask anything you want

Buyer options, to many to list. The view that a Stryker Red is the only option is rediculous.

Oh, why would I throw I tantrum, did I mention my Challenger is Purple, I’d be more interested in a Stryker a Purple, but my favorite color is probably Snakeskin Green. It’s also hard not to like the Saphire Blue or the Competition Blue

OK, you're flexible on color. Some people like myself are not and are intent on having a specific color or nothing. I didn't say SR is the only option, the hypothetical scenario I am asking is if you or a particular buyer wanted SR and nothing else, what are your options? Some guy is selling his SR for "too much", what are you going to do to get a SR at a "reasonable price"? Go down the street to the dealer/guy selling one cheaper? It's not like a Kia where at any given time you can get a minivan in any color you want from 100+ different sellers.

To put it another way, when Viper prices are heavily influenced by their exterior finish (i.e. the voodoo you mentioned being a good example), what kind of leverage does a buyer really think they have in demanding that a seller offer their SR for some price in line with what the cheapest Vipers being sold are going for? Why is some price near MSRP "too much" for 1 of maybe 40, minus those that were damaged in collisions? We know that even if there is a Gen 6 Viper in the future, there won't be an SR option, but just about every other color combo out there WILL be an option.

Straight up honest questions for you or anyone else who cares to answer.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Well, the fact is, if there’s a gen 6, none of us really know anything. Agreed, if I’m intent on buying a Stryker Red, my options are limited but not as limited as others. I do have the information I need to research and follow them all.

If I found myself needing one right now, willing to pay any price..... I would think that my priorities my be off

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the more you talk, the more you've convinced me that the only thing exclusive about this thread is your pathology. It's impressive. Your car is nowhere near as rare as the sort of nut YOU are. I'm telling you, I've gleaned the forums over the last several years and haven't happened across anybody who thought they could single handedly manipulate the market based on blabbing a bunch of $hit based the things THEY like. The market has spoken you fool, enjoy it in your garage for years to come.

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the more you talk, the more you've convinced me that the only thing exclusive about this thread is your pathology. It's impressive. Your car is nowhere near as rare as the sort of nut YOU are. I'm telling you, I've gleaned the forums over the last several years and haven't happened across anybody who thought they could single handedly manipulate the market based on blabbing a bunch of $hit based the things THEY like. The market has spoken you fool, enjoy it in your garage for years to come.

Market implies there are multiple items of a particular type available from multiple sellers, and that there are buyers for said items who have made recent purchases in sufficient volume to establish a market price for said item.

Please list all SR Vipers currently for sale so we can establish this nebulous "market" you think you speak for. I'll wait... :rolleyes:

The reality you are being faced with and unwilling to accept is that:

• Viper colors matter a lot and have a drastic effect on price.
  • There is no "market" for SR Vipers; due to their extremely limited availability each sale occurs in a one-off transaction.
  • A buyer who wants a SR Viper today has no real leverage to demand discounts, or even suggest that base model Vipers in common colors somehow have a bearing on the price of what an SR should be selling for.
So you keep telling us that pre-owned SR Vipers priced at or near MSRP, maybe even above MSRP, are "too expensive". Compared to what? Make your best case. Go on, let's see what you come up with, champ.

YOU may not ascribe any particular value to color, but others do.
YOU lack the sophistication to appreciate a fine vehicle like a SR Viper, but others do not.
YOU have yet to come to terms with the fact that you're unlikely to ever own an SR Viper or anything even remotely as unique and special.

Now where did you get the idea that you speak for anyone other than your lowly, delusional self?

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buyer who wants a SR Viper today has no real leverage to demand discounts

You are a painfully verbose individual exhibiting a classic example of an a$$hole who thinks the louder he says somethings, the truer it must be. It reminds me of a Dr. Seus book I read to my kids years ago called Whorton hears a Who. From your small world, you're desperately screaming about your "unique Viper", but no one can hear you. Like Whorton, I can hear you screaming from that little speck you live on. The message I'm hearing from you is "Hey everybody, look at me, I exist!". And that's where the story ends.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me try again. The law of supply and demand is covered in every Econ 101 course -- but not everyone took Econ 101 and some people who took it failed the class. It has an application when a product is priced at a level where it just sits there forever and doesn't sell. The frustrated seller can blame others and say they are foolish -- or the seller can look in the mirror and see who the real fool is.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I mention that I drink a lot of Milk and its 1.99 a gallon at Frys. When Milk go's up to 3.00 a gallon thats the time to unload the Red Viper.

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are a painfully verbose individual exhibiting a classic example of an a$$hole who thinks the louder he says somethings, the truer it must be. It reminds me of a Dr. Seus book I read to my kids years ago called Whorton hears a Who. From your small world, you're desperately screaming about your "unique Viper", but no one can hear you. Like Whorton, I can hear you screaming from that little speck you live on. The message I'm hearing from you is "Hey everybody, look at me, I exist!". And that's where the story ends.

I'm "desperate" now? Really? You started the thread, ********! You then got rekt as soon as I posed the most simple challenge to you. I offered you an opportunity to make your case to explain to us the reasoning you are applying to determine your "right price" for a SR Viper. I suppose it's no shock you cannot. Someone with the time to accumulate >3K posts probably doesn't have a whole lot of anything going on. :rolaugh:

Let me try again. The law of supply and demand is covered in every Econ 101 course -- but not everyone took Econ 101 and some people who took it failed the class. It has an application when a product is priced at a level where it just sits there forever and doesn't sell. The frustrated seller can blame others and say they are foolish -- or the seller can look in the mirror and see who the real fool is.

Hmm...looks like junior is reliving his days as a flunky. The old, overused "supply and demand" meme generally applies to commodities that would be classified as necessities, where price is primarily driven by the ratio of buyers to sellers to available product. Luxury items are not governed by this ratio because people who buy luxury items are buying things specifically because they are expensive. A Viper is certainly a luxury item. Nobody NEEDS a Viper, and its usage capacity is almost exclusively recreational. Get it? No, you don't, because you dumb.

So to help you out, let's rework your supply/demand example to have some real world accuracy:

You have a limited supply of intellectual capacity, and the capacity demanded to engage in this converstation exceeds what you have available. The end result is that no matter what you say, it's going to sound pretty damn stupid.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price a seller places on what he or she desires to sell affects whether something sells or sits. If that simple concept escapes you I'm not sure anyone can help you. A good example is your car, which still sits in your garage, month after month, collecting cobwebs as you longingly admire its color. You are convinced that you are smarter than everyone so I'm done with what is now a pointless duel of wits with an unarmed opponent. Best of luck in your efforts.

ViperEnvy99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the type of guy that when he shows up to Cars and Coffee, the other 200 of us decide to leave at once. Toxic.

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price a seller places on what he or she desires to sell affects whether something sells or sits. If that simple concept escapes you I'm not sure anyone can help you. A good example is your car, which still sits in your garage, month after month, collecting cobwebs as you longingly admire its color. You are convinced that you are smarter than everyone so I'm done with what is now a pointless duel of wits with an unarmed opponent. Best of luck in your efforts.

No bru, no. A sale is a transaction in which both the buyer AND the seller agree on a price. If I want to sell at a specific price and there are no buyers, then we wait. That's how it works. You talk like there is some pressing need for a car to sell within a week - but there's not. Someone set on buying an SR Viper has literally 0 to 1 option at any given time. Usually it's 0. Premium luxury items come with a premium luxury price. Buyers who do not want to pay have lesser options (for now) at lower prices.

This is the type of guy that when he shows up to Cars and Coffee, the other 200 of us decide to leave at once. Toxic.

Oh look, another bitter hitlery supporter saw this thread and got triggered. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No bru, no. A sale is a transaction in which both the buyer AND the seller agree on a price. If I want to sell at a specific price and there are no buyers, then we wait. That's how it works. You talk like there is some pressing need for a car to sell within a week - but there's not. Someone set on buying an SR Viper has literally 0 to 1 option at any given time. Usually it's 0. Premium luxury items come with a premium luxury price. Buyers who do not want to pay have lesser options (for now) at lower prices.

That was the fancy boy way of saying "There's a sucker born everyday".

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good example is your car, which still sits in your garage, month after month....

He says though that if he waits, the right sucker will bite. I'm guessing the sucker will be a coked out, mildly ******** oil sheik.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if he is considering the early GEN V problems. Even though the color is rare and striking, the early GEN V’s have taken a beating on the ole interwebz. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people shy away from 2013-2015 Vipers. I realize Your Viper probably has none of the issues that have been discussed at nausium even on ford and gm sites. People now days are paranoid for many reasons and you will face a little of that with the year of your Viper. Only time will tell and like you mentioned, you have the time.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know if he is considering the early GEN V problems. Even though the color is rare and striking, the early GEN V’s have taken a beating on the ole interwebz. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people shy away from 2013-2015 Vipers. I realize Your Viper probably has none of the issues that have been discussed at nausium even on ford and gm sites. People now days are paranoid for many reasons and you will face a little of that with the year of your Viper. Only time will tell and like you mentioned, you have the time.

Jeff, your post is absolutely savage on several levels.....lol. Stryker Red Grenade.

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the fancy boy way of saying "There's a sucker born everyday".

Where's that valuation, slugger? We're waiting on it. Explain to us your pricing model for Gen 5 vipers.

No specific problems exclusive to any model year, and recalls have addressed the "major" ones that really were not that major since they only affected a small percentage of all owners, and since my car has no such issues, mentioning this is irrelevant. You could buy a 2017 and have problems with equal probability - they're all hand-built.

Time is telling. Many of the Gen 5 Vipers, new and used, are at or near their MSRPs. Will they sell at those prices? Some already have and more will.

Jeff, your post is absolutely savage on several levels.....lol. Stryker Red Grenade.

Even a wrecked SR Viper is going to be orders of magnitude better than anything you'll ever own. :D

this dope is the single biggest viper forum troll EVER.

It's actually not that.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even a wrecked SR Viper is going to be orders of magnitude better than anything you'll ever own. :D
Since it's pretty obvious that you're "owned" by Jeff and a couple others on the forum, you're saying you're no better than a wrecked SR Viper? That what you mean?

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what? If I had the money to spend on ridiculously stupid $hit, I'd buy that Stryker Grenade and park it under the big pecan tree out in my back lot. Then I'd hire one of those communist college ******** to film a documentary on its slow demise.

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it's pretty obvious that you're "owned" by Jeff and a couple others on the forum, you're saying you're no better than a wrecked SR Viper? That what you mean?

Uhhh...

You know what? If I had the money to spend on ridiculously stupid $hit, I'd buy that Stryker Grenade and park it under the big pecan tree out in my back lot. Then I'd hire one of those communist college ******** to film a documentary on its slow demise.

Finally, a bit of honesty nestled in there. You may pass.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to disappoint, but if your car was something that I just HAD to have, I could comfortably afford it. But no, I don't have "buy it and trash it" money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper