Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/29/12

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/2

Joe, what are you having done now? Are you strapping a Pratt & Whitney to it?

Damn John, great idea!!!! I never thought of that, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm doing the 5th and 6th gear conversion along with doing a cryo treatment and surfacing, polishing the slides and changing the shift forks from plastic to bronze. Installing a short throw shifter, larger CR radiator and going to a Pro EFI engine management system.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/2

I've sent this offer to Joe, and I'll extend this to everyone else too. I have a dyno slot reserved for my car at 4pm on that day. If anyone has a car that will make more than 500whp or you haven't dyno'd after power adding mods, you are welcome to have my dyno spot. My car should be on the dyno about two weeks before this show when it's getting tuned and my dyno will be purely to entertain everyone at the show.

So if you have some big numbers (Joe, Mike, etc)...please feel free to represent vipers at the meet. :)

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn John, great idea!!!! I never thought of that, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm doing the 5th and 6th gear conversion along with doing a cryo treatment and surfacing, polishing the slides and changing the shift forks from plastic to bronze. Installing a short throw shifter, larger CR radiator and going to a Pro EFI engine management system.

Very cool stuff. Hope it all goes well.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds badass Joe...I hope my car doesn't get sucked into one of your turbos on the next run!

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I WILL be there. How do I get whoever the $3 paid in advance?

No need to do that. I will collect the $3 either at our pre-meet gathering spot or at the actual meet itself. It really depends on if I need to be at the meet REALLY early to make sure the VCA can get in without waiting forever in traffic. :)

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attending so far:

Updated list:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood
3. aries?
4. GTLaser
5. AbsolutHank
6. unreelviper
7. Steve Gray (Mopar Steve)
8. NoVaViper
9. Greg F.
10. Dan W.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quick update - I have reserved 10 spots for us at the meet. If needed, I can reserve more spaces up until April 22nd.

It looks like the VCA will have a chance to beat the traffic and get an early entry time, so I will provide more updates on that as they come.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SlayerLS1, can you reserve 2 more spaces? I have 2 friends with vipers that should be coming to the event. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, done. Unreel (and sorry I remember you but not your name) - you want that dyno spot?

For everyone else, I will see what I can do about finding a spot in Bowie to meet up. Anyone have any ideas?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks SlayerLS1, ill pass on the dyno spot( already had car dyno'd with no upgrades since then). My first name is Mike.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, we will meet in the Home Depot parking lot next to the stadium so we can all roll in together. The address is:

4121 Crain Highway
Bowie, MD 20716

Google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1145&bih=599&q=4121+Crain+Highway+Bowie,+MD+20716&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89b7ec6e9edfb3b5:0xfb738acd2492fa84,4121+Crain+Hwy,+Bowie,+MD+20716&gl=us&ei=eX2QT-mXCYWZ6QGPxLi7BA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

I should HOPEFULLY have a meeting time for you guys this evening or tomorrow. It looks like we should get an early entrance time. :)

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, meeting time is 11 am, and we will roll into the lot around 11:15! If it seems too early, don't worry. Other clubs will be getting there, things will be happening, etc.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey John,

Is it okay if we have friends roll with us? I've got a couple of friends who are not part of any club but want to attend the event too. Is it okay if they cruise in with us?

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey John,

Is it okay if we have friends roll with us? I've got a couple of friends who are not part of any club but want to attend the event too. Is it okay if they cruise in with us?

The event starts at noon, and clubs that reserve spaces are being let in early. It is possible everyone else will be turned away before noon. I'll see what I can find out.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gotcha! Alright, I'll relay the message.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, clubs will be let in at 11:15. Everyone else will have to wait until noon.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Weather is starting to look...interesting. Guess we'll keep an eye on it. The event is rain or shine.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John, please send me an email if they decide to postpone. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John, please send me an email if they decide to postpone. Thanks.

No, I don't think they will do that. Not unless there is lightning during the meet or something.

Edit: Weather report looks clearer now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Weather looks good for tomorrow! See you guys at 11!

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With all the rain from yesterday I wasn't able to prep the car like I want. If I get my a** in gear in the next few minutes I'lll see you all there!!

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know some guys on the forum got a video of my Dyno run, but here's one that popped up on youtube already. First time having my car on the Dyno ever and I was just glad the car did not break!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzbc5oRod8

And just in case you're interested, 448 hp, 464 tq without a tune. Not bad I'd say!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I expect your car to pop up on YouTube several times over the next few days. Good numbers for no tune!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

DaDood, that's about what a bone stock Gen 3 should put to the wheels. These cars are pretty efficient, usually with only 12-13% parasitic driveline loss. Noting your sig, I think it shows that exhaust mods alone (without a tune) really won't do much except maybe better sound and less heat in the cabin. Show that at least power-wise, the stock exhaust flows pretty well on these cars.

Still, good run! I go to alot of dyno days (for years, with my truck club). Always nice when nothing blows up! So, what was the highest HP Viper there today?

P.S. - Nice to see the Viper Black 'verts represented!

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, did anyone else become a lobster after yesterday? 6 hours in the sun, no sunblock or hat and I shaved my head that morning. Hurtin' today!

Hey Swexlin, Yeah, I did the exhaust for pretty much sound only. The car is plenty fast for me right now so I'm not worried about making more hp. Was a fun event though!

I found a second video online already saying "The Viper got around 800 hp!". I'm going to continue spreading that rumor:D

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, did anyone else become a lobster after yesterday? 6 hours in the sun, no sunblock or hat and I shaved my head that morning. Hurtin' today!

Hey Swexlin, Yeah, I did the exhaust for pretty much sound only. The car is plenty fast for me right now so I'm not worried about making more hp. Was a fun event though!

I found a second video online already saying "The Viper got around 800 hp!". I'm going to continue spreading that rumor:D

Yep, I'm a lobster too. Gotta stop wearing red shirts to these things. It keeps me from realizing how burnt I am.

Lots of pics taken of your car after it went on the dyno.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How did the turn out end up? I was bummed not to make it.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We rolled into the meet with 7 of us, and an 8th came later on in the show.

As for the meet itself, I have no idea. Certainly more than 1,000. It filled up the entire stadium lot and for awhile more came in as others were leaving.

I felt bad not staying with the group more, but I saw someone I knew every five seconds. Hope you guys had a good time.

Edit: Mike, I told you I'd give you that pic my buddy took. Here it is.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: