ACR Raffle is Live

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who won? Drawing was a few hours ago from what the flyer said (10:30am EST). Wasn't me since I didn't get a phone call :( Have to get mine the hard way.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
As soon as contact is made with the winner, details will be announced. All I can say is there was not enough raffle tickets sold for
ACR Viper.

Bill White

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as contact is made with the winner, details will be announced. All I can say is there was not enough raffle tickets sold for
ACR Viper.

Bill White

Wow who would have thought that possible with 75 members here.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
The raffle winner is Paul Serniwka of New Jersey. He is a long time VCA member.

He will be receiving around $21,000 after taxes.

What a nice Christmas Present! 

Congratulations.. Paul!

Viper Club of America would like to thank everyone that participated in the raffle!

Happy Holidays!

Bill

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought 6 tickets to win a CAR, not 21k,
Last time I will ever do this .
The raffle winner is Paul Serniwka of New Jersey. He is a long time VCA member.

He will be receiving around $21,000 after taxes.

What a nice Christmas Present! 

Congratulations.. Paul!

Viper Club of America would like to thank everyone that participated in the raffle!

Happy Holidays!

Bill

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is following the success of this next years raffle will be to win a space shuttle.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can we say? We had full intentions of giving away a hellcat, we got an allocation, and sales fell short. We then heard the prices were too high, and no one wanted a Hellcat. So we reduced the raffle price, got an allocation for an ACR, and again, sales fell short.

Ive read in the same place that ragged on this raffle as illegal, that we intended to fall short, and this is all a sham (as the space shuttle post implies). Why would we go through the trouble to get an allocation (and yes the hellcat raffle winner took our allocation anyway) if this was just a money grab? I bet we would have sold more tickets if we just said it was cash, and it certainly would have been a lot easier.

With the headwinds that exist (lack of Viper enthusiasm, defamation, libel and slander from despicable individuals) we obviously can't sell more than 500 tickets no matter what we do. We can all cry and complain and raise our fists, but the facts are the facts, if not enough people buy tickets, we cleary can't give away a car that costs 100k when only ~50k comes in.

Maybe doing a raffle hidden as a door prize and forcing people that come to VOI to particpate in a raffle IS the right way to do it, I'm sure Bill is open to suggestions on fundraisers if anyone has some...

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i.e., "All of the losing raffle tickets go into the same trash can." :)

Send them all to the winner, along with other "loser" lottery tickets etc. He may be able to write off all losses against winnings to zero out the tax due. Generally the IRS considers raffles to be a form of gambling.

To claim a deduction for gambling losses you must itemize deductions on Schedule A. None of your gambling losses are deductible if you take the standard deduction. You report gambling winnings on Line 21 of Form 1040. You report gambling losses as a miscellaneous deduction on Line 28 of Schedule A. You must maintain accurate records Hint(Old tickets) You can also deduct the actual cost of the winning ticket!

Consult your own tax attorney before following these suggestions!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would spend $100 bucks for a good chance of winning $20 g's. I can assure you there's a guy named Paul who's liking the whole "raffle thing" right now.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that you meant this post to be funny Sam but just to keep things clear, the burden of proof to prove one paid for the tickets is on the taxpayer. The IRS would require proof of payment for the tickets and trying to use them without paying for them to generate a tax loss or offset income would constitute a tax crime.

Send them all to the winner, along with other "loser" lottery tickets etc. He may be able to write off all losses against winnings to zero out the tax due. Generally the IRS considers raffles to be a form of gambling.

To claim a deduction for gambling losses you must itemize deductions on Schedule A. None of your gambling losses are deductible if you take the standard deduction. You report gambling winnings on Line 21 of Form 1040. You report gambling losses as a miscellaneous deduction on Line 28 of Schedule A. You must maintain accurate records Hint(Old tickets) You can also deduct the actual cost of the winning ticket!

Consult your own tax attorney before following these suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper