New Viper owner!! It's going to be a good Christmas

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After dreaming of driving and owning a Viper for the past 17 years, I finally had the priviledge of buying a 2000 model RT10. It has a custom flat black paint job with gloss-black wheels on it. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!!

I work out of state, and I take delivery on the car on Dec. 27th, and this time couldn't go by any slower!!

I just joined the VCA as well, and am anxious to get into the fun and action of owning such an awesome car. Work schedule permitting, Im eager to go to any GTG's that will be going on anytime soon. I hope to learn a lot about these great cars thru these forums, and look forward to making a lot of good friends as well!

Thanks,
Brad

You must be registered for see images attach

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA. You're going to take some heat from the viper purists about the color...don't sweat it...a lot of them are old guys that don't like change :D. I like flat black on a viper. If I ever get the itch to paint mine, it would be gloss black with flat black stripes. Have fun driving it and make sure the front wheels are facing the direction you want to go when you stomp on the gas pedal.

OP
OP
F

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA. You're going to take some heat from the viper purists about the color...don't sweat it...a lot of them are old guys that don't like change :D. I like flat black on a viper. If I ever get the itch to paint mine, it would be gloss black with flat black stripes. Have fun driving it and make sure the front wheels are facing the direction you want to go when you stomp on the gas pedal.

Not sure if I should do this, but after seeing the flat black ACR-X in Dallas owned by the Raugh's (sp?), I was thinking of adding gloss black racing stripes down the center of the car. I think that would look good combined with the gloss black wheels. Still not for sure, but I fell in love with that combo.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be your car. You could have the stripes done in vinyl (or whatever the current product is)...that way if you don't like it, they can be easily removed...and if you love them, you can have it painted.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 16 more days!!!!! Those 16 days will be the longest days of your life. You have to post some pictures when you take delivery of that beauty! Best of luck to you and welcome aboard!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be your car. You could have the stripes done in vinyl (or whatever the current product is)...that way if you don't like it, they can be easily removed...and if you love them, you can have it painted.

what he said. vinyl to ee if you can live it and like it, then paint them on

garyw1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats again, nice looking Viper. Welcome to the VCA, theres a world of knowledge here. December 27th that will seem like eternity lol.

OP
OP
F

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haven't thought of that, but good idea. I'll deffinately look into that really soon.

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah do the stripes. I have seen them the other way gloss car with flat stripes. Very understated and very cool. You could even do stripes in that black pearl color like on the challenger paint. It has some metallic which would really be cool!

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Semi gloss black or semi/muted silver stripes with a muted silver pin stripe on the wheels. Different is good, nice choice on the car.

Bobby DMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the feeling! Unfortunately mine is in the garage for the winter. I keep going out there daily just to look at it. I too wanted one for years and began my Viper Fund 10 yrs ago. Can't wait till Spring!

Congratulations!!

OP
OP
F

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the Congrats from everyone!!! Ok.... 9 days to go! The wait is killing me. Thankfully my job keeps me busy almost all day every day, but I can't wait to get home.

I will be taking a bunch of pics of the delivery, and hopefully the weather will be nice enough as well. End of December in LA is really a 50/50 chance of having awesome 70 degree weather, or 30 degree weather. It better be nice and sunny for me!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! And try to resist the temptation to buy any extras for it until you actually get it into your garage.

And check the condition of those tires before anything else...

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome & Congratulations!

I can't believe I will be the first to say this on your THREAD with 19 replies :wow:

CHECK THE TIRES! :D

Seriously... If they are the original..replace them as soon as you can. If not... proceed with caution until you do. The SNAKE WILL break on you in a heart beat with any kind of spirited driving :) If they are old...they are HARD and in the cold..."forgetaboutit"

Change them to some fresh skins and your driving experience, confidence will elevate BIG TIME.

:drive:

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:rolaugh:
Welcome! And try to resist the temptation to buy any extras for it until you actually get it into your garage.

And check the condition of those tires before anything else...

Ahhhhh.... he beat me to it! hahaha

V

Venomiss

Welcome!

Thank you for joining the Viper Club of America.
Your region has some great cruises and events so be sure to pay attention to the schedule from Tim Zimmerman in 2012.
Other VCA regions sometimes have events happening if you are traveling so be sure to check for details.

If you have questions or need help be sure to email [email protected] or call 1-800-677-4321.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA and a whole new world with your Viper. Definitely, check the tires and if they're old, be VERY careful. Also, check with whoever is going to apply your stripes and make sure that they will stick well to the textured surface. If not, don't go with the most expensive stripes. Just get some on there to see how you feel about them and plan on painting them on before long.

OP
OP
F

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike, thanks for the tips on that. Venomiss, I do plan on attending any event that I am in town for, and I'm hoping my wok schdule doesn't conflict with anything planned for 2012.

Well folks, the days has come for me to finally recieve my Viper!!! But.... Some bad news. Appearently the transport truck broke down at the dealership over the weekend, and now my car won't show up until Thursday. Pretty frustrating, but I'm still being patient about it. Thursday can't come soon enough!

garyw1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No worries flatblack , It took almost a month to get mine and boy was I frustrated. but when that day gets here and your standing in the back of that truck and you see your beauty sitting there, well need I say anymore? Have fun be safe

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score

These pics bring back a great day when the exotic car hauler called to say he was 2 blocks away. Who could ever forget their delivery date?