2 Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI -

In response to a message I read about the VCA "rejecting outright" any merger discussions, I have sent the following message to the poster of the message. I feel that anyone should be able to see what is going on, as we get asked all the time "why 2 clubs."

As a personal note, I realize there are likely a few "personalities" that can't work well together if anything were to merge, if I am one of those, I would step aside for the good of the organization (heck this just costs me money and time, I'd love a dozen hours a week back :) if I can be assured that the "stuff" of the VCA are in good hands, and frankly, that's our fiduciary responsibility... Message is as follows:

Poster-

You seem a level headed guy (and I don’t think we have met, for that I apologize). Your post was:

“I am aware of several attempts by the ORG to initiate "merger discussions". I also know that we were rejected outright. I'm not blaming either party, just explaining that the ORG officers have not been standing on ceremony. Most everyone here believes that one Viper club would be best. Getting there is another story.”

I hate to be that guy, but I’m not sure where you heard this, but it is patently false. I had no less than 3 attempts initiated by me with MANY parties on your side, and they were rejected by the ORG outright. John Canal, also reached out. Dan, reached out. John C reached out as recently as a few months ago, nothing came of it.

So please, tell me about all these attempts that I missed? My fear is that you are being fed some of the less-than-factual information about the VCA that seems to be rampant, but you don’t seem the kind of guy who would spread false information if you knew it to be false. If so, that is fine, propaganda has its usefulness, but I hope it is not ACTUALLY preventing some discussion if someone over there ACTUALLY wants to have a fruitful discussion.

We have NEVER wanted 2 clubs, all the people who were “kicked out” were invited back in immediately once the offending party resigned. 2 clubs help no one, if you can help facilitate a discussion that is fruitful (as of last discussion to even HAVE a discussion the VCA would have to pre-agree to transfer all assets, no I’m not making this up. I’m sure where we are today, that kind of pre-condition would not be necessary, but if it is contemplated, I guess we go nowhere).

I’m sure you can see that we have the responsibility to protect the assets and history of the VCA, we do not do this for personal gain, we are just bound by our fiduciary duty to do the right thing for the organization that was started by some awesome people 20 years ago, and just because some idiots made some mistakes, we don’t feel the entity deserves the death penalty, so we all hope there is some middle ground somewhere and we can have an organization that is free from people with their hands in the cookie jar, open, and fun for all, that maintains some of the rich history we have built over decades.

Sorry this is our first communication,
Greg

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this, I have been given permission from John to share this. This should shut the door on the "VCA not open to discussions outright." This is a much more open, and conciliatory email than I could ever write. This is from John (Secretary of the VCA) to a high ranking officer in the other group. Both of which very empowered to make decisions. No response was received from this email, and it was sent in July. No other communications have been received from the other group since then (besides some challenges to defamatory messages by one member on the other team...). Message is as follows:

I agree with your point about moving on and with the uncertainty at Dodge / SRT on producing the car, one voice one club might help keep the program alive and if it doesn’t, then one club sure has a better chance of surviving then two clubs without a car in production. I most often hear from the members that they don’t want politics, they just want to be together. I know you are usually calm and deliberate, do you think there is any middle ground that will help benefit the Viper community? Your point about putting this all behind us, do you have any ideas on a path forward that benefits the members?

Best Regards,
John

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

I have been taking it easy and staying under the radar in Hawaii. It is tough working here with the 80 degree weather and thong bikinis.

The personalities and circumstances will not allow any conciliation. There is a post now questioning if the VCA is dead with all the expected nastiness on the VOA site. Some people will never let go of the past.

Bob

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob. The nastiness on that site is unfortunate and I think most people will read it as indicating that they must be having problems. Why else would they need to discuss the VCA at all? It is sort of like the person who divorces a spouse and then trashes the spouse when the spouse does just fine without the one who left. The whole thing is silly.

Both clubs are a type of fraternity/sorority about a car. In the case of some leadership individuals, one would think that possession of the Holy Grail was involved.

The ones doing the negative posting should refocus their efforts on supporting and promoting the Viper and charitable activities.

Now for a little humor. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFEA0vSwgQ#t=47

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Lot of anger on that site (VOA). I do like the fact that this site is upbeat and moving in a positive direction. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here here Bob. And just to put a fine point on it, the intention here is to be completely transparent and not to stir up nastiness. We do not allow bashing of the other organization (as it in effect bashes the Viper Owners) and while some threads get posted here critical of other clubs, they are deleted ASAP (so please don't do it here).

We're not going to dignify most of the false-hoods posted elsewhere (except this one, as it is a question we get a LOT), as it just stirs up old crap, and its petty, and we think most people see it for what it is, a scorned ex who can't stand that we're just fine without them.

Wait it's NOT about the Holy Grail!? What will the Grail Keeper think about that!? :)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, not trying to bash at all, it was more of an observation.

Humbly
Jeff

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob. The nastiness on that site is unfortunate and I think most people will read it as INDICATING THAT THEY MUST BE HAVING PROBLEMS. Why else would they need to discuss the VCA at
all?
Here here Bob. And just to put a fine point on it, the intention here is to be completely transparent and NOT TO STIR UP NASTINESS. We do not allow bashing of the other organization (as it in effect bashes the Viper Owners) and while some threads get posted here critical of other clubs, they are deleted ASAP (so please don't do it here).

I rest your case.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the VOA is starting to sound and act more and more like the Viper alley, with all the F bombs and bashing who needs that.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Point taken Granger (subtle lol). Since there is nothing to add at this time, and we don't want to invite any disparagement to other groups or members. If anything transpires (I get a reply from them, or we attempt in another way) I will update this thread but until then we'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper