Status
Not open for further replies.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although this seems minor and definitely doesn't appear to be news worthy, I would appreciate a conference call with the board at 0800.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
If everyone could hold on a few days everything will be brought forth. it has taken awhile for me to pull all to gather. As i said at the start we will not use members dues if the club was not going to be here and working for the members. We have been working on this the past 2 month, and the holidays got in the way. As i said,the club is to stay.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would help the VCA pro bono on this if it was within my field of expertise and I was admitted to Texas. But it is not and I am not. Considering the fact that the VCA is a non profit entity with very limited assets as seen from the publicly filed Form 990s, this is a peculiar case. Why would any prudent business person spend any money suing unless it was an emotional decision to do so? Better to settle the matter with the VCA quickly and generate some goodwill in Texas;and, if handled well, maybe outside of Texas. The Plaintiff here should back off and look at the situation from 30,000 feet up and change its strategy and goal. If I was an investor in the Plaintiff ( I do not know whether there are any), I would not be pleased at any funds being spent on the fees and costs to pursue this case. What is also weird about this is that the Plaintiff closed down the resort used here shortly after the VOI for a long planned renovation. This was publicly known. So since they were closing it down anyway, any money they got from the VOI seems to me to have been just some extra cash flow before the shut down. Definitely a peculiar case. Other than that, I wish the VCA luck on this.

Hey Bob,

I might if I thought the club will be around for next year. Are you going to help them take care of this Pro Bono:

http://apps.bexar.org/search/FullCase.html?id=CI000000000000001DC2014CI19574

:confused:

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of ripping the members here and trying to put the past up in everyone's face, just relax.

Again, if you, or anyone else for that matter, could post a link or links to those disparaging posts, it would help prove your point.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, if you, or anyone else for that matter, could post a link or links to those disparaging posts, it would help prove your point.

I think she means that when certain individuals are "ripping" the club they are in essence ripping the members. I like Sybil's analogy of these sites being like a bar or a cafe. We hang out here and chat with people we enjoy talking to. It's really nothing more than that.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

For me it's perception

I read a lot of posts, mostly good ones. When you read the membership, raffle and general abouts of the VCA, it brings out the negative in some folks, you can feel it right to the bones. There not posting to up lift the conversation, there posts are a dark cloud, real and imagined. The people that do this, do it with an agenda, read as much as I do and it becomes apparent. It's never just a single post, it's usually many. I could delete these, but I don't, I let people have their opinion. It's been two years +, and that just may change. If a post is posted with the intent to do harm, broom won't be able to point it out, it just may be gone or edited

Jeff

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a lot of posts, mostly good ones. When you read the membership, raffle and general abouts of the VCA, it brings out the negative in some folks, you can feel it right to the bones. There not posting to up lift the conversation, there posts are a dark cloud, real and imagined. The people that do this, do it with an agenda, read as much as I do and it becomes apparent. It's never just a single post, it's usually many. I could delete these, but I don't, I let people have their opinion.

Its a huge leap from insinuations to "ripping" the members here. Its this type of hyperbole that fuels the fire. Realistically few, if any passed on the raffle tickets to avoid helping the club. Did the old guard really destroy the VOI evevts? If everyone continues to believe that the current problems faced by the VCA are caused by the VOA, then resolution will never happen. Youve got to identify the real problem before you can solve it, but anytime someone offers to highlight the issues and propose some solutions, (Rocket) he's labeled as an agitator and gets vilified. Re-read Rocket's post and tell me what area of that post deserved the kind of response he got from Broom. The imaginary villan does not exist; it lies within.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a huge leap from insinuations to "ripping" the members here. Its this type of hyperbole that fuels the fire. Realistically few, if any passed on the raffle tickets to avoid helping the club. Did the old guard really destroy the VOI evevts? If everyone continues to believe that the current problems faced by the VCA are caused by the VOA, then resolution will never happen. Youve got to identify the real problem before you can solve it, but anytime someone offers to highlight the issues and propose some solutions, (Rocket) he's labeled as an agitator and gets vilified. Re-read Rocket's post and tell me what area of that post deserved the kind of response he got from Broom. The imaginary villan does not exist; it lies within.
OK Granger, so I see you want proof of how the members are specifically ripped here. It is apparent to me that you sort of have a bone to pick. So let's get it done. First off when I joined here Rocket specifically
Made a point to bust my chops for having to much to say, Sam accused me of wearing white sheets etc etc. I am just one person. There are several. If I forwarded
You every post , well that would just take way to much time. For yourself go to his profile and look at all of his posts. I am very vocal and a woman. Yes if you
verbally punch me in the stomach I will Sledgehammer you back. I don't usually take $hit off of people especially people I don't know. So if you expected that out of me then boo hoo. I have always tried to keep an open mind toward an individual whom I have not met and I realize that people can and do behave on this
Forum differently than in their every day lives. Hell Jog accused me of being uneducated. Funny thing is, those are merely assumptions. Heres my thing, certain
people that migrate over and start crap do so with the intent of bringing bitterness and resentment. Instead of enjoying the club they claim is so staunch and
upright and making a difference in that club they would rather try coming here and stir up $hit. Thing is we can all exist together in harmony but that's not what is
Wanted by this select few. I promise you there are a few Judases in the VOA. You would probably be shocked at who exactly they are. BTW I do have friends
In the VOA and I hear Broom is a great topic sometimes. :D which tickles me totally. One thing about me you should know, I can be your best pal or worst
nightmare . I am pretty straight forward, and I don't have to validate or prove anything to you.

OP
OP
N

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
I would help the VCA pro bono on this if it was within my field of expertise and I was admitted to Texas. But it is not and I am not. Considering the fact that the VCA is a non profit entity with very limited assets as seen from the publicly filed Form 990s, this is a peculiar case. Why would any prudent business person spend any money suing unless it was an emotional decision to do so? Better to settle the matter with the VCA quickly and generate some goodwill in Texas;and, if handled well, maybe outside of Texas. The Plaintiff here should back off and look at the situation from 30,000 feet up and change its strategy and goal. If I was an investor in the Plaintiff ( I do not know whether there are any), I would not be pleased at any funds being spent on the fees and costs to pursue this case. What is also weird about this is that the Plaintiff closed down the resort used here shortly after the VOI for a long planned renovation. This was publicly known. So since they were closing it down anyway, any money they got from the VOI seems to me to have been just some extra cash flow before the shut down. Definitely a peculiar case. Other than that, I wish the VCA luck on this.

Your not the only one. This group is set on forcing this through, completely, WHY? I have no idea what so ever. We have seeked out help on what direction to take and will follow it. We will keep people informed.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The occasional jab on these forums are simply gonna happen. One never knows what's enough until he knows what's more than enough. You can't completely sanitize the playground or protect everybody's little feelings.

The topic here is impropriety within our club. As a member, it's alarming to see, no doubt. The suit brought against this club should have been remedied long ago and it appears that there is some sort of apathy within our leadership. What I believe Broom is trying to say is that we don't need any negative comments or "*** shots" taken by non members who have a history. It's technically not their business. I personally couldn't give a rats a$$ what anybody thinks and believe these individuals can post whatever they like....opposing view points are entertaining to me. Granger is usually spot on, and it's clear this ship needs to right itself or just sink. I would appreciate an honest assessment of the situation here so I can plan accordingly.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Broom - seriously? Go back and read your posts and who attacked who. I specifically remember saying - "Broom, I have no bone to pick with you" ..... You then continued on to question my specific Viper knowledge and integrity on knowing what actual HP numbers I was putting down. Like you, I also hit back with a sledgehammer and said for you to "read more and post less". You also say that you have friends in the VOA - so why the attacks directed towards the VOA?

And since I'm asking you to read more - read the OP's post, and my reply as you seem to be missing many points. The OP is asking for people to consider renewing - and so I posted some real questions - no attacks as you assert. I was a member for 10 years and supported the club through membership, participation in every raffle, supporting the vendors, and adding real "Viper" content, help, and discussion - so I think I've earned the right to ask these questions.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Questions are good, the Pres said some issues will be addressed in the newsletter, which will happen in the next few days per CJ ( no later than 1/15)

Can we continue the Q & A once the newsletter can be read instead of what we are doing. Rocket is right, questions are a good thing when considering membership. I don't want to guess and I hope you all think so too. The who said what and when, start a new thread please

Thanks

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a letter on the home page from the new VCA president for those that are interested!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket62, CWhiteRun, Wanted, and the rest of the Rainbow Warriors...looks like we're still in the game.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One point of clarification with respect to the letter. I am not the tax attorney referred to in it. Any assistance I have provided to the VCA with respect to any tax matter, or otherwise, if any, was on a pro bono basis. The tax attorney referred to is one of the leading exempt organization tax attorneys in the United States. I have known him for 38 years. He is excellent.

There is a letter on the home page from the new VCA president for those that are interested!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep drinkin it ole man....

You must be registered for see images attach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member