Introducing a NEW Moderator

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I've stated before, John and I are the only moderators, until now... Due to his extreme enthusiasm (one member stated he "has the enthusiasm of 10 members"), technical ability (he's actually more qualified in the role than John or I, having been an admin on another forum), and the fact that he knows more about these cars than most of us (he's essentially running the IVR) I have asked ViperJeff to be a moderator, and he enthusiastically accepted this morning.

I think you have seen his approach/attitude towards moderation in other threads (light), and I told him our main moderation concern is around personal attacks.

As many of you know this is a significant time investment, so please join me in welcoming him to the role - Thanks Jeff!

I know others of you have experience in this, so if you are interested, please let me know...

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great move. Glad to see he is/has taken over handling the IVR. I've always felt that two clubs competing for the same demographic, would present major problems. Hopefully Jeff will be able to direct some of the emphasis on the history and the preservation aspects of these great cars and offeri a new prospective to the earlier GEN owners. Time for a revamp of the mission. my 2 cents.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats very nice of Jeff, seems like a lot of work to me. I will try to keep my attacks on trolls to a minimum.:) to keep his work load down.:D

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Well deserved and thank you for taking on the position.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff...Welcome aboard

You are joining up with VCA at a most opportune time. Lots of fresh action all around the country as previous members are flocking back to VCA. Someone needs to keep track of all this, and your background is perfect for this.

With both Viper and VCA being rejuveniated, fresh blood and new faces are certainly welcome.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff is one of the most patient, fair and balanced moderators I have ever seen. I will definitely do my best to support him and not add to his problems.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Jeff is one of the most patient, fair and balanced moderators I have ever seen. I will definitely do my best to support him and not add to his problems.

Just don't loooooose the passion :D

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you on board you have already helped so many of us
Thanks
Wayne

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, you can likely remember MY first Viper question in 1996, that's why you deserve the title of "Viper Historian." If you leave the Viper realm, Jeff might be suitable to take up that mantle, but let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon...

Thanks are due to you BOTH.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, you can likely remember MY first Viper question in 1996, that's why you deserve the title of "Viper Historian." If you leave the Viper realm, Jeff might be suitable to take up that mantle, but let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon...

I DO remember your first parts question. It was: "JonB can I get a new Fog Light Cover from you for my GTS?" I 'splained that Left n Right are different and you got a RIGHT side !!

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My goodness that's a good memory. I was attending the Byron Nelson in Dallas (circa 1999), and I came back to my car to have the fog light cover broken and my dive plane sitting on my hood. Given how low that hit was I suspect a golf cart hit me and took the stuff out, and only a golf fan would be nice enough to pick up the pieces and put them into view (but NOT nice enough to leave a note of course).

Man that was my first parts need? I guess I didn't do any big mods until later... I think my fog cover is missing a tab now too ;)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

I wish I had even a sniff of the knowledge JonB has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper