New Viper owner

G VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hello, new Viper 03 from Cincinnati OH. Any other local Viper owners on here?

I have a K&N and will be adding OBX headers then a High lift Cam.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome, G Viper!!Both the Ohio VCA and the IN/KY VCA have members in your area...as well as in Northern KY and S.E. IN.Watch both Regional forums for activities...of which there are a TON planned for this summer !! ALL Vipers are welcome at most of our own events...which is a great way to get to know the Club Members.Enjoy your Snake !!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to see if the Ohio Group would jump in here...but it may still be too early in the work day.

Since much of our latest monthly newsletter (published yesterday...ALL 18 pages !!!) is devoted to multiple events involving both Ohio and IN/KY Regions (plus some with ILL, Motor City, PA/WV, and AL/TN ), I will be happy to send a copy of this particular newsletter to you via e-mail if you wish. That way, you can better see (in one place) ALL of the opportunities that Members have...be they Ohio or IN/KY Members. My own philosophy is "join one Region andgo to EVERYTHING that appeals to YOU in the other Regions" !!

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hello, new Viper 03 from Cincinnati OH. Any other local Viper owners on here?

I have a K&N and will be adding OBX headers then a High lift Cam.

Welcome G Viper! The VCA Ohio Region would be honored to have you as a member. We are a very active region of the VCA. The Ohio club has added 21 new Viper owners into our membership in just the first 6 months of 2011.

Please checkout our website at www.viperclubohio.org and take a look at our scrapbook section.

Here are a couple of links to some events that we have done already this year:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/645599-**pics**-viper-tech-day-vca-ohio-**pics**

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/645076-LaSalle-Car-Show-2011-Pics-amp-Videos!

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/644620-Columbus-OH-VCA-Meeting-Pic-s

If you are not doing anything this Friday come and join us for our annual Viper Play Day at BeaveRun Motorsports Complex.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/643616-BeaveRun-Seven-Springs-June-24-26-2011

Also, put on your calendar:

Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail July 30-31st

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/643459-Vipers-Run-the-Kentucky-Bourbon-Trail-July-30-31-2011

Viper Club of America Midwest Zone Rendezvous Aug 12-14th Columbus, Ohio

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/642785-Midwest-Zone-Rendezvous-Aug-12-14-2011

If you have any questions about joining the VCA Ohio Region please feel free to give me a call or email me.

Again, WELCOME to greatest car club on the planet, your life will never be the same!

Regards,

Randall Arnold
President VCA Ohio Region
[email protected]
937-470-8306

Last edited:

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Ohio!! Ohio VCA has a great list of events for the year check em out. Hope to see you in Columbus in Aug for our big one!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome G VIPER!!! Congrats on the new to you ride! I love silver on the GEN III'S. If you have any questions about the club just shoot me a message. The VCA is one of the BEST car clubs on the planet and the OHIO region is very active. Lots of great events planned this year.

Bob Bierman. VCA OH VP. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the funny farm and congrats on the car! You will LOVE the Viper nation!

You are one lucky bugger on your region area! The OH chapter is region of the year and even the envy of some folks on this sid eof the border! :D

Again welcome to the best car club on the planet! :yay:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA!
Looks like a nice silver ride!

You're in the PERFECT area to own a Viper. VCA-OH has a pantload of events each year, and Mopar Nats is right in your backyard. :)
Randall, Bob, Janey, Sam and the whole crew do a fantastic job at all of the gatherings; whether it's wings at some BBQ place or a full-on track day, you'll have a good time.

And with you being down in Cincy, the IL/KY guys are really nice and fun to hang out with too.

Great roads in this area too! :D

I look forward to meeting you at a VCA-OH event soon!
Enjoy your new ride!

OP
OP
G

G VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rock on man, I'll be in touch on these events and the OH club. Nothing like a group of true enthusiast chating about our passion.

Can someone give me some advise on headers I seen the OBX's, do they sound good? Does the stock exhaust sound good with them? I'm looking to get that old hot rod looping cam thing going. Not sure what HP gains I'll get with a cam and headers, but I'm excited. I'm not going all out like I did in the past with my Z with 716 rwhp (in the pic) though.

Lastly the stock radio seems good and I seen the thread on upgrading the components, so that will be the route I go. Any adaptors to add a amp to the stock system?

Oh and sady my cd changer is clicking, anyone know how I can get the venom discount on this site? https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-2003-dodge-viper-radio-cd-changer-56038622ad

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I promise to represent the comunity well.

G Man

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rock on man, I'll be in touch on these events and the OH club. Nothing like a group of true enthusiast chating about our passion.

Can someone give me some advise on headers I seen the OBX's, do they sound good? Does the stock exhaust sound good with them? I'm looking to get that old hot rod looping cam thing going. Not sure what HP gains I'll get with a cam and headers, but I'm excited. I'm not going all out like I did in the past with my Z with 716 rwhp (in the pic) though.

Lastly the stock radio seems good and I seen the thread on upgrading the components, so that will be the route I go. Any adaptors to add a amp to the stock system?

Oh and sady my cd changer is clicking, anyone know how I can get the venom discount on this site? https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-2003-dodge-viper-radio-cd-changer-56038622ad

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I promise to represent the comunity well.

G Man

If you want that Venom discount on parts from Viper Parts of America as well as our other great Viper parts vendors, all you have to do is click on this link https://www.viperclub.org/join/ fill out the online form (make sure you put Ohio Region :D) and you will be set.

As far as the radio and the headers, I will have to refer you to my Viper colleagues. Robert (Mopar Boy) and Kevan should be able to help you out with those questions.
:2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to get that old hot rod looping cam thing going.
Sorry, but it's not going to happen with a V-10. The firing is different and it's next to impossible to get that "bitchin' Camaro" sound from these engines.
That said, there are plenty of exhaust systems out there that sound AMAZING. Some searching here will get you on the right path.
I don't know anything about the OBX systems. Maybe someone else can chime in about them.

OEM manifolds are basically shorty headers made from cast iron.
Aftermarket headers start at about $3K and will only save you about 15-20lbs. in weight.
My suggestion would be to Jet-Hot coat the OEM exhaust manifolds, and as much of the exhaust as you can. It'll be more cost-effective and bring down your under-hood temps (which equals horsepower!).

Not sure what HP gains I'll get with a cam and headers, but I'm excited.
Expect somewhere between 30-50HP.

Here's a good thread to get you started:
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/636764-End-all-be-all-Stereo-upgrade-thread
Page 2 is where it gets really good.

I would try to find a pre-owned RB1 (single disc CD with DVD nav) instead of replacing the RBQ (6-disc in-dash changer). It's a better stereo (made by Alpine) and has a decent navigation system.
I have an RB1 in the truck, but left the RBQ in the car and went with the Garmin 3790 as an external nav unit. Both are good setups.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
I'm happy to answer them. I'm trying to earn my Dick Winkles Displacement badge for the Gen.III engines. :D

SandViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome, Hope to see you at some events! There is one posted in the Ohio section for this July 2nd and 3rd. Come on up!

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome G VIPER and LATAMUD if you guys have any questions on membership let me know. Id be happy to help you with any questions you may have, mike

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well not much more to say that Kevan has not already said! :lmao:

Sorry, but it's not going to happen with a V-10. The firing is different and it's next to impossible to get that "bitchin' Camaro" sound from these engines.
That said, there are plenty of exhaust systems out there that sound AMAZING. Some searching here will get you on the right path.
I don't know anything about the OBX systems. Maybe someone else can chime in about them.

Sadly, he is right. The Viper does not work that way. But a set og high flow cats and a cat back system, maybe even som e headers, that is good. Think of the LeMans race cars. That is what is will sound like popping sounds and all. The guys with the bitchin camaro sound will be envious of your exhaust and will post on the F body forums "how do I get a race car sound"! :rolaugh:

Asorry, also don't know the OBX systems. Actually, I have never heard of them! Do you have a link?

I'm happy to answer them. I'm trying to earn my Dick Winkles Displacement badge for the Gen.III engines. :D

:rolaugh::lmao:

That is good Sir! :lmao: Too funny. :D

OP
OP
G

G VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpfull advise as I'm green to the Viper for now. I'm having a 3 car garage built and I'll post up pics when done. Oh and I seems like a few of you guys are from dayton, I'm really in West Chester which is pretty close to dayton almost like me driving to downtown Cincinnati distance.

On the exhaust I'm sure I'll make it sound good and mean, may not be the "bitchen camaro" but will be the bitchen Viper...lol You guys should hear my Z it has down pipes,racing test pipe and b&b tri flow exhaust. With the large turbo and bov's it's quite mean sounding.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Join the Viper Club of America as a Venom member here and be sure to have your VIN handy.

https://www.viperclub.org/join/

The sticky thread on the top of the new members section will explain about Venom membership.

:D Venom membership just paid for it's self in about 10 mouse clicks :D I saved $130.00 on a Gen III radiator and upper hose through VPA. Ain't membership grand :2tu: