How does someone get suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard indirectly that Jon B from Parts Rack has had his posting privileges suspended for some infraction. Is it remotely possible that this is true? Jon B has been a loyal supporter of the VCA for more years than I can count and a site sponsor to boot. Is it possible that he could possibly have been suspended from the site? What possible infraction could he have committed? I sure hope this isn't true and it turns out just to be a rumor but then again I haven't seen him posting recently. Please tell me this is just one big mistake....

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended. I've been a member of automotive forums since they first began. Oh, how the mighty have fallen... Usually it's over something that most would consider insignificant. In some cases, over-moderation leads to the creation of spin-off forums. I'm not saying any of this happened here, but generally forums involve more politics than what you might think. They are cash machines after all.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone who was, I believe, a founding member of the VCA and a loyal site sponsor should not have his privileges suspended unless he was convicted of some horrible crime. I can't believe it is true. If it is the moderators have gone crazy.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that his postings are reviewed and delayed by at least several hours. Call him and ask him. He can not post immediately like the rest of us. So maybe he's not suspended but he is certainly censored.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only had the pleasure of dealing with Jon B once (see my review in the vendor section). If true I'm sad to hear it. He is a great source of knowledge. I hope this doesn't lead to a falling out. :(

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have dealt with Jon B on multiple occasions. He has always been a huge help. There is nothing he doesn't know and he's always willing to help. I hope that the mods lift whatever restrictions may currently be on him.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is what it is...get over it and move on. You're not going to change the world and there's not going to be a huge outcry over whatever has happened...at least none that will make any difference. This is a viper forum, not a life changing environment...nobody saving lives here. Please somebody close this thread before the OP has a heart attack.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is what it is...get over it and move on. You're not going to change the world and there's not going to be a huge outcry over whatever has happened...at least none that will make any difference. This is a viper forum, not a life changing environment...nobody saving lives here. Please somebody close this thread before the OP has a heart attack.

No worries, my heart is strong. Can't stand injustice though. If JonB can be censored then so can all of us. I'm not trying to solve world hunger just trying to feed a couple of people so to speak. I do believe that most people respect and trust JonB, at least those that have had dealings with him. Ok there may be some that find him short (especially on Mondays) but he's been there all these years for all of us. Do a search (to quote Plum) and you'll find thread after thread praising his contributions.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know...when I was a viper noob, he repeatedly asked me to post threads about every dealing I had with him. I guess he's never asked you to kiss his ass all over these forums...lucky you.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know...when I was a viper noob, he repeatedly asked me to post threads about every dealing I had with him. I guess he's never asked you to kiss his ass all over these forums...lucky you.

Really!???? I've been a VCA member for 12 years, I'm not a noob!!!! In fact I find your post insulting. Take it to the track already.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In fact why don't you ask your regional President about Jon and see what he says. He's known him for longer than I have. Or post a thread with a poll and see how many folks support him. You're clearly waaaaay out of touch.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact why don't you ask your regional President about Jon and see what he says. He's known him for longer than I have. Or post a thread with a poll and see how many folks support him. You're clearly waaaaay out of touch.

When I got my Viper I bought some stuff from JonB, and got LOTS of great general Viper advice from him, much of which was just conversation and did not lead to a purchase. I remember he did ask me to mention in the forums my opinion of his service and products. I was happy to, because when I have a pleasant interaction with a vendor I like to let others know.

In my opinion he is a class act and second only to Chuck Tator as a Viper reference. He's second partly because Mr. Tator lives just a few miles from me, and also those two guys are the only two vendors who I have had dealings with.

I feel sorry for the guys who have a diffferent opinion, because JonB is in my mind above reproach.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Wow. Sounds like sour grapes. I know that I am one of the more "outspoken" members on here, I'm definitely hard to get along with, yet I have never had an issue with JonB. I have called him for Viper advice quite a lot. Didn't buy a thing, yet never once did he refuse to answer my question or get "short" with me. Now that my son has bought a Gen 1, JonB is even more a help.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really!???? I've been a VCA member for 12 years, I'm not a noob!!!! In fact I find your post insulting. Take it to the track already.

I must not have made myself clear with this post. I was simply stating that when 'I' was a noob to dealing with the VCA vendors and supporters...I was in no way insinuating that 'you' we're a noob.

I wouldn't ask my Regional President anything of the sort as we aren't best buds either. I asked him earlier this year to resign his position after he made it perfectly clear to me that he was a very very very busy person (job, kids, on this board of directors, on that board of directors...as opposed to me with no job, no kids, not on any boards) and didn't have the time to review the current VCA business on hand...it's a long story.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm out of touch...believe me, your opinion doesn't hurt my feelings as I know that a lot of people here worship Jon's underwear. I absolutely agree with you that Jon is a wealth of viper knowledge and has done a lot for these forums and the VCA regional clubs and members...BUT in the end he is a business man, he does everything he can to get ALL of the business from viper owners. I'm not saying that it's a bad business move, but I don't have to like his tactics and I don't.

If you're in the bucket of having a lot of money and little time, then he is absolutely your guy. I'm in the other bucket...little money and a lot of time. I don't buy anything from anyone without researching the hell out of it. I don't have the money to make thousands of dollars of bad decisions. I don't mind calling the guys that actuallly make the products that Jon sells. I've spoken with a number of his suppliers/vendors and his competitors. I'm not afraid of calling around. I've spent a large percentage of my viper money with Jon, but I've also bought directly from the manufacturers and, of course, his competitors. My point is, when you have multiple dealings with Jon and also speak with suppliers/vendors/competitors/manufacturers and get their opinions and listen to them about their dealings with Jon, you will realize that he isn't the 'Saint of all that is Viper' as guys like you seem to think he is.

In the end, Jon is a viper knowledgeable middle man. He doesn't make anything...he doesn't have a tuning/performance shop...he doesn't have warehouses full of Corsa exhausts, Belanger headers and Michelin tires...he makes a sale to a customer and has most of the stuff he sells drop-shipped from the manufacturers or yet, other middle men (like Tire Rack).

It blows me away every time I read a PartsRack review and the customer states that the product got there fast...well they should be commending the supplier and then UPS and/or FedEx for getting it there...that's their jobs.

Wow...I'm getting tired...thanks for starting this thread and allowing me to vent...I feel better now.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be special. I never got that from him. Maybe you led him to believe that he helped you more than most and you were the type that would reciprocate. Obviously he misjudged you.

I know, he is a character. I know several of those kind of guys in real life. I like them. There is a whole separate Viper forum with people like that in some way or other. Yes, it can lead to hurt feelings. Perhaps you can get over it some day.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't someone in "the know" chime in and either stop this thread from going further by saying it is not true or come out and state what happened.

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally with this type of thing, you won't find out until somebody leaves the board (or gets banned) and posts what happened on another board. As with most politics, you generally won't know all the events that lead up to new legislation.

Why doesn't someone in "the know" chime in and either stop this thread from going further by saying it is not true or come out and state what happened.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be special. I never got that from him. Maybe you led him to believe that he helped you more than most and you were the type that would reciprocate. Obviously he misjudged you.

I know, he is a character. I know several of those kind of guys in real life. I like them. There is a whole separate Viper forum with people like that in some way or other. Yes, it can lead to hurt feelings. Perhaps you can get over it some day.

Honestly, I don't have hurt feelings. I'm a big boy with real thick skin. My issue is...this thread was started indicating that some huge miscarriage of justice had been made and a fine, upstanding, church-goin', choir boy had been wronged. I'm simply stating the absolute truth as I see it. I have zero idea why Jon may or may not be censored, but to assume that a great wrong is being done is merely conjecture.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is absolutely not suspended from this site. Sorry. I have suspended and banned people from here but it's been some time since anyone has been suspended. Jon posted as recently as yesterday on the site. He's able to post, send/receive PM's, etc. As much as I enjoy airing dirty laundry I don't think this thread is fair to Jon as it's turned into a Pro/Con JonB over a false rumor. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper