VGX?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viper GTS-R:
does anyone know about that new viper called the VGX?If so thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim is right....... the 2003 Viper RT. The marketing name of "Chapter 3" died a death of apathy, as most called it GEN-III forever.... Now, the official internal project designator is **** enough, VGX.

VERY
GREAT
XCELLERATION..... VGX

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VGX has been the name of the new Viper since 1999 (at least in the walls of the former Team Viper FREC offices). The marketing and PR department are the ones who wanted to use Chapter 3, so the GEN ( which looks like a GM word) would be avoided.

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve is correct. As show vehicles, concept vehicles and future production vehicles projects are started, a vehicle family code ID is given to that vehicle. This is usually because the vehicle doesn't have a name yet. A RT/10 roadster is a SR27 and the coupe is a SR29. The SR is for the Viper line, the 27 indicates a two door with no top like the Sebring convertibles and the 29 is a two door coupe.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racen, I think what Steve ment was that you guys where known as Team Viper, then SVE and now PVO. We know that you are still at Feather..... or Frec for short.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I never looked at how that might sound to one of the "Team"? What I was referring too was that the "Team Viper" name now seems to be PVO, at least that is how most of the "team" members I speak to, now refer to their titles. Hope I didn't put a damper on your weekend.

To all, what this means is that John and the PVO Team will now be working on MORE DC product (translation, more PERFORMANCE CARS!).