Things that cause you to CRASH your Viper!

jav8or

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving today and almost got ran off the road by an SUV trying to merge INTO me :mad:! After I avoided damaging my new (to me) Viper, I proceeded to catch up an attempt to give the driver "a piece of my mind"... Upon pulling up beside the SUV, I quickly decided to rethink my approach, as it was a 70-80 year old grandma, peering barely over the steering wheel.

So for the distracted drivers out there, here is my list of things that will cause you to crash your Viper.

1. Grandmas who are not qualified to drive on public roads

2. Spring Breakers in Panama City, barely wearing their bikinis ( Wandering eyes are dangerous :cool: p.s. I love my wife, lol )

Feel free to add to the list.

Just had to vent.

Good day to you all! Be safe.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful day yesterday so I took the Viper out for a spin. I had some degenerate scumbag in a black 1999 Camry intentionally riding 6 inches off my bumper speeding up and stabbing his brakes ins slow moving traffic. All I can say is I would probably be spending Easter in jail if he actually hit me.:mad:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Spring Breakers in Panama City, barely wearing their bikinis ( Wandering eyes are dangerous :cool: p.s. I love my wife, lol )

Last year me and a friend took the Viper to PC for spring break. I remember being on the strip one night and asking him "Are you surprised I haven't wrecked this thing yet, or is just me?" :D

To add to the list: I've had big rig trucks run me into the emergency lance more than once! I'll be in the fast lane and they decide to change lanes...on top of me. I always be sure I can see their mirrors when I'm beside them, but I guess with the car so low, they still don't always see me. Me or the car haven't been hurt yet, but it does get your adrenaline going!

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting in your Viper angry will do it also, had a bad day at work, hopped in the Viper and almost wrapped it around a telephone pole, didn't, but almost. It was totally my fault, now when I have a bad day I sit there for a minute just listening to that V-10 idle, it helps to calm me down, I back out and head home enjoying my car. Jeff

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing Gear, going from 3rd to 4th at speed and hitting 2nd :( Done this a few times each season, Many people have had this problem :( The back wheels lock up and kick the car sideways, Ive always caught it Just in time, but its easy to do! Im fitting a different shifter soon.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Breakers in Panama City, barely wearing their bikinis

I've been on Spring Break there...and I imagine those bikini tops didn't stay on for very long with a viper rolling by!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, Fatboy 18,....have you ever had it go to 1st instead of 3rd on an upshift attempt from 2nd?......the motor will tolerate a brief moment at 7000 rpm, and not blow up...........don't ask how I know:omg:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seeing how people drive here makes me sick...for example changing lanes without looking into 2 mirrors and turning head. Pathetic.
p.s.: on a 10 days road trip cross country right now.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, Fatboy 18,....have you ever had it go to 1st instead of 3rd on an up shift attempt from 2nd?......the motor will tolerate a brief moment at 7000 rpm, and not blow up...........don't ask how I know:omg:
I think I did do that once! Luckly I was not pushing the engine when I did it! I was driving along a road which was fairly bumpy and caught the wrong gear! I have to admit I really dont like the shifter in the Viper, the T5 box I had in my old Cobra was much nicer to drive. Whenever I push the Viper I always have to keep my foot over the clutch just incase I hit the wrong gear :(

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I did do that once! Luckly I was not pushing the engine when I did it! I was driving along a road which was fairly bumpy and caught the wrong gear! I have to admit I really dont like the shifter in the Viper, the T5 box I had in my old Cobra was much nicer to drive. Whenever I push the Viper I always have to keep my foot over the clutch just incase I hit the wrong gear :(

Is the MGW Gripper Shifter one of the best shifters to get to avoid doing this? I plan on buying one of these with a B&M Short Throw shifter.

You must be registered for see images

I too tend to shift into the wrong gear sometimes, but am always on guard and immediately hit the clutch and change gears to correct it.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add this to the list... People rubber-necking the viper. Just happened last weekend.

Guy kept looking back to stare and almost hit the car in front of him.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the MGW Gripper Shifter one of the best shifters to get to avoid doing this? I plan on buying one of these with a B&M Short Throw shifter.

You must be registered for see images

I too tend to shift into the wrong gear sometimes, but am always on guard and immediately hit the clutch and change gears to correct it.
I have that fitted already :( and a shorter shifter!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seeing how people drive here makes me sick...for example changing lanes without looking into 2 mirrors and turning head. Pathetic.
p.s.: on a 10 days road trip cross country right now.

I do not turn my head when changing lanes. I have my mirrors set so I do not have any blind spots. I look in all three mirrors and I know what is around me. Learned in a driving school... Instructor said never turn your head backwards because it is what is in front of you that you need to be concerned with. I am sure others on here know the technique.