BFGoodrich G-Sport

Viper John

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody ever run these? I'm thinking about ordering a set.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the BFG G-Force KDW's on my GTS now. Supposedly they are a noisy tire, but I don't notice. I have over 13,000 miles on them so far and they have worked well for me.

F

FrgMstr

Anybody ever run these? I'm thinking about ordering a set.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just around town those are likely great, as outlined by 72hemi getting 13K miles out of those. If you are looking to use a tire in a more aggressive manner, I would suggest looking at the Michelin Super Sport or Nitto NT05.

OP
OP
V

Viper John

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at Nitto's, but they don't have my size available.

Front - 275/35/18
Rear - 335/30/18

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed from Michelin PS2s to BFG G-Force KDWs on a recommendation from another VCA member. They are in my humble opinion, great. They were far less expensive than the PS2s and were actually rated higher. Go figure. I've not noticed any noise, and they seem to hold the road better in adverse weather.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a set of those on my '02 Camaro - 275/35/18 up front on an 18"x10" and 295/35/18 on an 18"x11" rear. They were alright, but after a couple years, they just didn't seem to hold the power very well, and I can assure you, the power wasn't much (maybe 360-370 at the wheels through 4.11 gears). They did add some road noise, but that car was noisy anyway. Handling was pretty good, and they did well in the wet.

Not a great comparo since it was a completely different platform, but if it helps any, I was going to look for another brand to replace them until I sold the car about a month ago. I wanted to be able to at least somewhat hook in first gear, and it just wasn't happening with that combo.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get tons of opinions on tires here...I prefer the run-craps myself. :smirk:

Welcome aboard! Where you from and will you be at VOI?

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set on my GTS last summer and really like them. I don't track the car.. ...but for street use you can't beat them IMO.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at Nitto's, but they don't have my size available.

Front - 275/35/18
Rear - 335/30/18

Hey John
Now you know why I sent you the link to this forum. I knew you would get some good info on here....:headbang:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word on the street is these are pretty good bang for the buck tires, but go away pretty quickly, and finish up hard and noisy near the end.

That pretty well sums up my experience with them on my Camaro...they tramlined like a **** too. Decent treadlife though.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a set on my GTS and they are great IMO. My 02 Vette had runflats and you couldn't hear yourself think inside. Rode rough too. These are quiet and ride a lot smoother. I don't track the car, so they get my vote, at least for now.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have them on the viper, but I had them on my evo. I never got to track the car but on the twisty mountain roads they held very well, nice and quiet. I know.... different car but, thats my experience with them.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had them for a few years. WOrked great at first but now are hard and slippery. Would probbly buy another set all things considered. Currently beating the crap out of the rears so I can put my Toyo R1A's on.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just picked up a set from Discount tire in Bellingham.Wonder what pressure setting is best on these? Sidewall info says max 51 pounds. Would 30 pounds pressure like Pilots were be a good number for these?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 5,000 miles on mine and they are far better than the 12 year old hockey pucks I replaced. They still spin a bit going into second gear under hard acceleration but at least the car stays pretty straight now. My exhaust drowns out any tire noise so can't help you there.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a couple of 150+ MPH blasts yesterday and they still tracked very nicely. Now that the roads are warming up, they are hooking a bit better.

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a set from Discount tire in Bellingham.Wonder what pressure setting is best on these? Sidewall info says max 51 pounds. Would 30 pounds pressure like Pilots were be a good number for these?

you got lucky, called Discount Tires Direct to order a set about 4 weeks ago and they told me they were back ordered... still waiting news on new shipment as the weather heats up!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you got lucky, called Discount Tires Direct to order a set about 4 weeks ago and they told me they were back ordered... still waiting news on new shipment as the weather heats up!
yeah, they told me I got the last set they had. No problem finding the fronts anywhere though. Had the car out with the new set yesterday and found the tires handle pretty good compared to my Pilot PS1's.Setting the pressure to 30 punds I find them not much noisyier than my old Pilots.
Vert guys won't hear a thing! It's too early for me to tell how they handle under hard driving conditions because I've only driven these in the city all day yesterday.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just be careful... When I bought mine 2 of the 4 tires that came in were already 20 months old even though I asked them to have their supplier send a fresh set.

Miami Canes RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set on my RT/10 after I bald spotted my PS2's to avoid crushing a squirrel. Happy I made the swich and saved over $1000 off the PS2's with little difference on the street. No difference for noise and no difference for traction on regular streets. Would buy again.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody have any suggestions for a good trac tire other than a r6?slick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper