Stryker Red

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think it's time the powers that be tell us what they know about the STRYKER RED option.

First...can we know what the actual price of the option is?

And second..... many of us who want the colour and are ready to pay the rumoured $10,000 to $20,000 to get it, are a bit concerned about whether the car will be easy to live with as far as scratches and dings and/or outright paint repairs go.

Is the STRYKER RED colour as easy to repair as other colours??....can it be repaired at all??

Will there be "touch-up" paint available for those minor chips that all cars get eventually??

And how many of these cars will be produced? will they be a regular custom order... or will they be (like the launch editions) all the same?

And lastly...how will they be allotted to dealers? And will any STRYKER RED cars be available to Canadian dealers?

Instead of us all speculating this and that....it's time we knew.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the STRYKER RED colour as easy to repair as other colours??....
not by a long shot

can it be repaired at all??
perhaps time will tell if someone successfully matches a panel to the rest of the car... but in the sun, that's a but IF with this paint.

Will there be "touch-up" paint available for those minor chips that all cars get eventually??
that is a pipe dream with this paint because it doesn't just come in a can... it's an entire recipe of many layers in a very controlled process.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several of the people that reviewed the Viper recently all had the same number for what the option costs...

$14,600 :omg:

I wonder how many there will be.....

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd assume it is as fun to maintain as the "Frozen/matte" colors - while it can be buffed, any damage at all is going to be expensive.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I also heard that number of $14,600.....I think that price tag (although initially sounding ridiculous!)....isn't that terrible ...given what others are having to pay for some of the other options ..carbon fiber...stripes etc......
And as was pointed out in a different thread....you're already paying over $120,000....??!!!!

To me what's more irksome is how easy the car will be to live with from the repair point of view?!

One of my other cars has a pearlescent paint finish and so to fix chips in that car there is a 3 step layering process....Perhaps SRT can (does?!) have a multi step layering process to address the same issue in STRYKER RED (available in touch up paint).

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think when you get a $14,000 paint job, your car becomes a garage queen. You try to avoid scratches and chips even if it means almost never driving it.

Or, maybe you can just wrap the whole thing in a clear bra.

~Jay

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Stryker red is similar to Venom Red at a glance... Based on the impressions of Venom Red I see here shouldn't there be a discount for Stryker Red:dunno: What am I missing:dunno:

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Stryker red is similar to Venom Red at a glance... Based on the impressions of Venom Red I see here shouldn't there be a discount for Stryker Red:dunno: What am I missing:dunno:
Venom Red is just a dark red. Stryker Red Tinted Pearl is a Deep pearlescent red that has orange/golden highlights where the light is brightest on it.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think when you get a $14,000 paint job, your car becomes a garage queen. You try to avoid scratches and chips even if it means almost never driving it.

Or, maybe you can just wrap the whole thing in a clear bra.

~Jay

Maybe that's not such a crazy idea, at least for the full hood and front bumper/quarter panels?

Alternatively, buy a normal color and have somebody do a metallic "Stryker Red-ish" wrap for you. Serious customizing available if you'd start with, say, a black car...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom Red is just a dark red. Stryker Red Tinted Pearl is a Deep pearlescent red that has orange/golden highlights where the light is brightest on it.

I get that and I like both reds and wouldn't mine owning either one but they are not what I would consider the Most Bad Ass colors for a Viper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Stryker or Venom Red colors strike me as Chick Car Colors... Certainly not Race Car, Exotic or Muscle car...

The black with gunmetal is Bad Ass... SSG, Bumble Bee's, Toxic Orange or Copperhead, White with Blue Stripes, Blue with White stripes, Bright Red with black or silver stripes all more Bad Ass...

You must be registered for see images attach

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Stryker or Venom Red colors strike me as Chick Car Colors... Certainly not Race Car, Exotic or Muscle car...

The black with gunmetal is Bad Ass... SSG, Bumble Bee's, Toxic Orange or Copperhead, White with Blue Stripes, Blue with White stripes, Bright Red with black or silver stripes all more Bad Ass...

Any color on that particular car is a chick car color.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, V10enomous, wanna race this " Chick Color" ? Oh , well , guess I am in touch with my feminine side , ha.

...............and my last Viper was silver ( I am so confused ).

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh, V10enomous, wanna race this " Chick Color" ? Oh , well , guess I am in touch with my feminine side , ha.

...............and my last Viper was silver ( I am so confused ).

I like it and I would even own it and your car looks awesome. I've seen a VR ACR and it is incredible in person but I wouldn't pay extra for it. An ACR is going to look Bad Ass no matter what color. I would just prefer something else especially in a base model SRT or GTS.

Last edited:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
With all the beautiful colors available, I wouldn't touch that color with all the inherent problems, let alone pay extra for the issues, unless is a true collector car. I've seen some exotic paint jobs weather very poorly over time. IMO it's not a color for the road.--Dave

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little birdy told us, $25K for Stryker Red. Repairs ( hope it's covered by insurance) is a total repaint. That's how special this paint is. It's not just a ****** paint job. You get what you pay for, top of the line, show car quality! Just what a Viper deserves.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the beautiful colors available, I wouldn't touch that color with all the inherent problems, let alone pay extra for the issues, unless is a true collector car. I've seen some exotic paint jobs weather very poorly over time. IMO it's not a color for the road.--Dave

I agree.
And as we have learned from every other Viper generation those oh so special editions don't mean squat a few years from now at resale.
And how collectable will it be when they bump up the hp in the 2014-2015 to keep interest up.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$14,600 is likely the correct answer ---definitely not $500 extra in Canada , though would not doubt that someone could have included it wrongly in the computer for Canadian orders. In the US it is not even listed in the order bank under colors .
This is likely due to the fact that the color was available only by allocation since so few could be done.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$14,600 is likely the correct answer ---definitely not $500 extra in Canada , though would not doubt that someone could have included it wrongly in the computer for Canadian orders. In the US it is not even listed in the order bank under colors .
This is likely due to the fact that the color was available only by allocation since so few could be done.

Bill is right: $14,600; that was quoted by SRT (with Ralph in the room) at our NorCal event. Honestly, it seems like a pretty fair price... given what you'd have to spend to get that color done at a quality paint shop.

Rich

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill is right: $14,600; that was quoted by SRT (with Ralph in the room) at our NorCal event. Honestly, it seems like a pretty fair price... given what you'd have to spend to get that color done at a quality paint shop.

Rich

Ummmm, no. I feel pretty confident that you can have an entire car disassembled and custom painted for much less than this and done very well too. I know because I've done it and have had friends do it. This color is great, but not really a whole lot different than something from House of Kolor. It is worth $14,600 just like the stripes are worth $4,500 and $5,000 respectively.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummmm, no. I feel pretty confident that you can have an entire car disassembled and custom painted for much less than this and done very well too. I know because I've done it and have had friends do it. This color is great, but not really a whole lot different than something from House of Kolor. It is worth $14,600 just like the stripes are worth $4,500 and $5,000 respectively.
Have you seen it in person in sunlight? Also, custom paint jobs tend to decrease the value of the car. This particular tone was developed particularly for the Gen V and a Stryker Red car will have more collector value than one with an aftermarket paint job.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Friend of mine owns a collision shop locally. He built a few kit cars including this Cobra and does concours restoration here and there on old cars. This picture is old [ ca 15 yrs] so doesn't show true quality of the paint. Local Cobra club guys commented on how beautifully the paint is done and were guessing 16 coats of lacquer! According to my friend, it is just a standard job as he does pretty much on every vehicle, stating that everything is in the prep itself to make a perfect finish. He's very reasonable too.[ sent many people to him, all very satisfied customers] Local police attachment also sending their harleys to him instead of harley dealers who're way over charging. IMHO, charging an extra 14K on top of a standard colour is ridiculous.

You must be registered for see images

yellowmz3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, to all of you naysayers, I placed confirmed my order today for Stryker Red. After reading all of these, (essentially) negative posts, I thought I'd say why. First off, anyone who buys a car and considers it a good investment should have his head examined. It will depreciate, period. Secondly, when you spend more than 120 thousand dollars shouldn't you get what you want?
The Stryker Red is an amazing color, in my opinion and that's why I ordered it. Whether it's rare, difficult to formulate...is irrelevant to me. Anyone who has seen it in person has to admit it is truly amazing with a depth that can't be reproduced in pictures. I will drive it, it won't be a garage queen.
Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know why I ordered it. To each his own, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper