New Viper ACR ******** Owner

E55addict

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and entered the Viper zone. Traded in my 2011 Caddy CTS-V Coupe for a brand new left over 2009 Viper ACR ********. Can't bring myself to let the Benz go however. My 02 E55 AMG is murdered out on K-Sport Coilovers, 19" Wheels, AMS Headers, Custom open exhaust, and K&N drop ins. My friend and I modded his 2000 Viper and I loved it but this Viper is amazing...Gotta love a racecar for the street and I thought the CTS-V was fast....:D

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper, obviously you have impeccable taste in colors .... one of my favorite color combos :2tu:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad Ass ACR ******** for sure! Looks just like the brother to the ACR that SRT was running around the country setting all the 1 Lap track records piloted by factory driver Kuno Wittmer.:D

Enjoy!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the viper nation!

Watch that car at this time of year if you are taking it out! Roads can be a little cool for those tires! We have all had our moment of enlightenment playing in cool roads!

Again welcome and congrats on the car! Excellent choice!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice. Kind of partial as thats what I bought too. The CTS V is awesome as well and Im sure it will be missed. Sign up for a NARRA event with it in 2012 to really appreciate how it drives.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GREAT color, and sounds like a worthy-owner is now learning it! No driving-nannies like the Caddy and Benz, so do treat it with RESPECT...

Welcome

OP
OP
E

E55addict

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question...If I do not drive this car will it appreciate in value as an AC Cobra did, and if so, how long would I have to keep it stored. My father had a Shelby GT500, brand new,when he was younger that he kicks himself for not keeping and is telling me this car may be the same way. Do I keep it or Drive it???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fact is, even the RARE 1992 Vipers and some other rare models have not returned MSRP after 10-19 years.
Who Knows what will happen after 25-30 years?
Not many cars are a good 'investment" over 25 years, better off to buy almost any other financial instument.

The only Viper returning MSRP+ is the 1998 GT2, 100 numbered cars....

DRIVE IT...ENJOY IT.....but dont make it a part of your retirement portfolio!

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gorgeous color combo! If had a GEN IV in anything other than black, it would be this. Very nice!

Definitely drive the car. It serves no investment purpose at this point. No automobile really does. Ask the "experts" that bought in the Barrett-Jackson hype and paid $1M+ for Hemi Cudas now selling for less than half. Who knows what will happen 30yrs down the road... the car might still be here and you not. Enjoy it!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, for the love of god drive the hell out of that awesome machine. If you want to invest your money buy silver, land, or homes. Much better return over a 10-20 year plan.

OP
OP
E

E55addict

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK....I will drive it.....but if I am going to drive it then I am going to mod it. I just ordered the Mopar performance programmer. Next is the 3:55 gears and some long tube headers with a CAI. Thanks for the help even though my dad disagrees.:cool:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK....I will drive it.....but if I am going to drive it then I am going to mod it. I just ordered the Mopar performance programmer. Next is the 3:55 gears and some long tube headers with a CAI. Thanks for the help even though my dad disagrees.:cool:

You're going to nueter that beautiful decel pop :omg:

Last edited:

bluegrassvet1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many car owners try to decide whether they have a "show horse" or a "work horse"

With your car, you have both!!!

Congrats and enjoy

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty color but they made 24 in that color scheme which in Gen 4 land is a lot.
Drive it.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WDW MKR:3023904 said:
Gorgeous color combo! If had a GEN IV in anything other than black, it would be this. Very nice!

Definitely drive the car. It serves no investment purpose at this point. No automobile really does. Ask the "experts" that bought in the Barrett-Jackson hype and paid $1M+ for Hemi Cudas now selling for less than half. Who knows what will happen 30yrs down the road... the car might still be here and you not. Enjoy it!

There ARE solid money cars such as Bugatti Coupe, early Ferrari, Alfa Romeo .....mostly cars from the design era of the 30's. I would agree that as far as modern cars the choice is not broad. Ford GT looks like a good bet for a solid return on investment though. Don't know about $1m Hemi Cudas, maybe missed that episode, but paying 200k for a "tribute" Hemi Cuda is throwing caution to the wind. The "tribute" market has deflated just like real estate market to a more digestable level for what the car is. There is money to be made in quality cars its just knowing what to buy and sell and at the appropriate times.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There ARE solid money cars such as Bugatti Coupe, early Ferrari, Alfa Romeo .....mostly cars from the design era of the 30's. I would agree that as far as modern cars the choice is not broad. Ford GT looks like a good bet for a solid return on investment though. Don't know about $1m Hemi Cudas, maybe missed that episode, but paying 200k for a "tribute" Hemi Cuda is throwing caution to the wind. The "tribute" market has deflated just like real estate market to a more digestable level for what the car is. There is money to be made in quality cars its just knowing what to buy and sell and at the appropriate times.

Here is just one Scottsdale example from 2006:

Lot 1309

1970 Plymouth Hemi ‘Cuda 2 door convertible

$2,160,000

It all goes through cycles. I remember the earlier stuff tanking in the late-90s and early-00's, while the muscle car market was taking off. The commentators kept going on and on about how much money people were losing by selling the cars in such a bad market. There are certainly a few safe bets out there. I agree that the Ford GT is looking good for the long term. I just don't see any vehicle as an investment... especially a modern car in the short term market. Drive the wheels off of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper