Possible move to Cleveland!

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you are from the Cleveland area or any of the surrounding areas? This Wednesday I have an interview for a promotion that would move me from MI to OH, specifically the Cleveland area. I would be interested in hearing your take on family centered questions such as where are the best schools, where are the best places to spend a day with a family, what communities are family friendly, and where would you live if you had the choice? I have never been to Cleveland, so I have no pre-conceived notions on the area and am open to just about anything regarding the commute to work (btw, how do you pronounce Ashtabula as this would be the outermost area I would be overseeing in this new position?).
Also, how many club events do you guys usually do in the Cleveland area? I am a workaholic, so I would love to have an event close by every now and then to hit up for some fun with fellow Viper owners as a night out for some me time away from the work and family life (don't get me wrong, love my wife and my son, but daddy needs to get in touch with his inner Viper owner once in a while). Looking forward to hearing from you guys, and thanks in advance for the info.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Cleveland on TV to know if you need a gun to live there or not. Maybe it's a nice place. :dunno: I think that the predominant language there is english though. Hopefully, minimal drug trafficing and gangstas. Watch out for the cops.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleveland is split into the East Side and the West side. Seems like folks living in Cleveland gravitate to one side or the other. If your going to be in or near Ashtabula you will most likely look for housing on the East Side. Commuting between the 2 sides is tough for work travel time. The suburbs are really spread out, before you know it your 40 minutes from downtown. We do a lot of activities on Lake Erie, great for families and adults. PM me if you have any questions or need more in depth info on housing.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ohio club is VERY active. I think we have at least one event planned every month from now till oct/nov. I live on the east side of cleveland. About 20 -25 min. from downtown. I grew up on the east side. If you'd like you can send me a p.m. as well and I'd be happy to chat with you and answer any other questions. :)

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where you choose to put your home has alot of variables.

I live an hour South of Cleveland. There are a number of professionals that make the commute. Certainly not necessary but it is a choice.

In terms of school systems that are highly ranked nationally ( in the top 1,000 ) two that come to mind are Hudson which is North of the city of Akron and Jackson Township which is just North of Canton home of the Football Hall of Fame.

Housing costs become more affordable the farther South you travel.

Personnaly, I would not want to make such a commute ( 1 hour ) but until you are able to narrow down where in Cleveland you will be working it will be hard to make a recommendation.

There are many nice areas surrounding Cleveland and I am sure others will chime in.

By the way ASH TA BULA is pronounced kinda how it looks. If you will be traveling alot in Ashtabula plan for alot of snow in the first part of winter until the lake freezes. It is part of the Snowbelt.

Hope the interview goes well for you.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,........you Ohio guys are really nice, and helpful. I apologize for being a screwball that's only concerned about the cops. But still..............watch out for them anyway. :rolleyes:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,........you Ohio guys are really nice, and helpful. I apologize for being a screwball that's only concerned about the cops. But still..............watch out for them anyway. :rolleyes:
I appreciate screwballs since I fit in with that crowd! :D

LeBron is in Miami .....
They can keep him... we have Kyrie Irving now! :2tu:

I live in Green. It's a quiet place that's growing and it even made some top 50 list (#16) on best places to raise your family... but that was a couple of years ago... I can't find the article. I did find a reference to it from our Mayor. http://ardie.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Green--Ohio-was-Voted-16th-Best-City-for-Raising-a-Family
I think it was based on crime rate and school system blah, blah. :)
The people that live here are quick to brag about it. I enjoy it here very much. My wife used to be the Mayor so I'm terribly biased! :D
Depending on where you'll be working it could take 40-60 minutes comute so that's to be considered.
Good luck with everything!

ps; should you make the move here I'll help you convert from red to green. :lmao:

OP
OP
D

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the info. If I need to send any of the PM requests I will. The interview went well, and I expect an answer by the end of this week if I got the job. Crossing my fingers, and hope to make some new friends in Ohio soon!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper