Dream finally came true. I own a Viper

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of advice there DEKE01. I do plan on taking some type of course when I get back to truly learn the power of the snake, especially once it gets a few little more upgrades. I was only able to track the car once and I know that is a whole different ball game than an actual road course which is what I want to run it on.

I did notice that many times at stops like gas stations, grocery stores, etc people would want to stop, admire, and talk. I did not mind at all talking with them as most are just curious about power, how fantastic it looks, etc. When I would eat at a resturant I would try and sit where I can peak out a window and keep an eye on the car, as many times people would walk right up to it, and sometimes get too close if you ask me. You are correct and I did notice cars that would try to run right up next to me, rev and want to race just going the speed limit. Most of the time I would just smile. I have not been run off of the rode when I was driving it though, that would be scary as you don't know if they may be trying to car jack you or what. There for sure is things you have to watch out for driving this car is it does get attention, but to me its WELL worth it. Long live the Viper :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI, the fastest color is Sapphire Blue! It turns Black when the lights go out. This has the added benefit of two colors when the cops are looking for you - park under lights so that they can't find the Black Viper that was doing the speeding!

Sorry, but the silver and Charcoal Grey just carry too much weight with all that metallic in the paint, lol.

My second favorite color is Black, as it's my car's 'night time' color.

Too bad it's only got a couple thousand miles on it. Easy to fix once you get back though. Enjoy.

I wrecked a GTS partly due to runcrap tires. They're barely adequate for a stock Viper and slow the Gen 3's down so that the vette's can beat them. If you're modding the car do tires, then exhaust is my advice.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I have to disagree, the fastest color is black :D , although it is the hardest to keep in top shape and looking good. Trust me those couple thousand miles turned into 4000 miles real fast in the span of about a month and half. I see it getting tons of miles put on it when I get back :drive: The for sure definite mods that I am getting when I get back are a new set of Forgeline gunmetal Black SP3P wheels/w PS2's to fix the runcrap problems. Those runcrap tires truly do ****. The other mods will include new X-metal throttle body, new Corsa Track Exhaust, Woodhouse motor mounts, Green Filters, Hurst Shifter, 2008 Hood, possible Chromoly Flywheel, 170 degree thermostat, and 1 step colder spark plugs, Eibach Springs to lower the beast, and possibly Motons.

At that point I will most likely bump the nitrous shot down to 150, I dont want to blow anything up and with the additional mods I can see the 200 shot being a bit too much, I think right around 600rwhp is just fine for me.

Sorry to hear that you wrecked the GTS, that had to of been hard to deal with, I dont know what I would do if I wrecked my beast, well yeah I do, I would get another one.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ALSO RUN W/HOOSIERS ON REAR, WHAT A DIFFERENCE ON TRACTION FROM A LIGHT.
I was debating on Hoosiers as well, but you dont get as many miles on them and well the nitrous hits so hard, and the more grip I have, the more chance something will give, probably the half shafts or something. I think the PS2's are a great compromise and I dont plan on launching hard from the start anyway.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I have to disagree, the fastest color is black :D , although it is the hardest to keep in top shape and looking good. Trust me those couple thousand miles turned into 4000 miles real fast in the span of about a month and half. I see it getting tons of miles put on it when I get back :drive: The for sure definite mods that I am getting when I get back are a new set of Forgeline gunmetal Black SP3P wheels/w PS2's to fix the runcrap problems. Those runcrap tires truly do ****. The other mods will include new X-metal throttle body, new Corsa Track Exhaust, Woodhouse motor mounts, Green Filters, Hurst Shifter, 2008 Hood, possible Chromoly Flywheel, 170 degree thermostat, and 1 step colder spark plugs, Eibach Springs to lower the beast, and possibly Motons.

At that point I will most likely bump the nitrous shot down to 150, I dont want to blow anything up and with the additional mods I can see the 200 shot being a bit too much, I think right around 600rwhp is just fine for me.

Sorry to hear that you wrecked the GTS, that had to of been hard to deal with, I dont know what I would do if I wrecked my beast, well yeah I do, I would get another one.

I think the Roe supercharger is the top modification you can make. They're lasting 100,000mi. and they're a lot easier on your engine than Nitrous Oxide. They're the best bang for the buck and 6-800rwtq @ 2,000rpm is like Nitrous, except there's nothing to fill all the time.

Yah, in the end I guess it worked out all right as I went from a 600rwhp (91 octane) stock with 8# Roe to a 720rwhp, although it does take a bit more coaxing to get the wife into the car now. I ended up with a prettier car and way faster. Now that the runcraps are gone I have some traction and feel much safer.

Ted

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
burnhamb~~WELCOME and congrats for a PERFECT PURCHASE!!!! BLACK is the best~don't let these other guys fool you and scientifically tell you that RED is fastest!! LOL---welcome on board with a beautiful beast--ENJOY! ~juli~

actually green is the fastest color..........it means GO! :)

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I finally fulfilled by dream of owning a Viper as well. I found a great deal on an 04 Mamba (black as well) with only 2400 miles...I was shocked! Have fun, but be careful!

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome and welcome to Viper nation. I love how this thread I started a while ago always keeps coming back. Do you have any pics of your Mamba? Wow yours had just 400 miles less than mine did when I bought it. Congrats on the new toy and a rule of thumb is don't step on it unless you are pointing straight. enjoy the beast.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
White is the fastest color.......esp. white with blue strips as in Comm. Edition.....white is like greased lightening......"extremely fast", esp. with a Paxton S/C!