shocks on car worn out, or jsut normal on a Viper ?

DVancura

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just received my Viper today, 2008 SRT Coupe, low miles.
A little background, why I am very nervous buying a used car, especially a very expensive one...
Last time I bought a used car (was a cheap $5800 car) it threw a rod in 3 weeks. That was 20 years ago. Never bought a used car since until now.

I noticed today that in driving the Viper I can feel the tiniest crack in the road, like the shocks are non-existent. Is that 'normal' on a Viper?

Reaction score
The stock shocks are very stiff and the ride is like that. If they are not leaking or wet from oil loss they are likely fine. We use spring rates 2X the factory with the MCS suspension and the ride quality improves 100%. If you cannot deal with what you have and would like to talk about solutions please contact me.

Just received my Viper today, 2008 SRT Coupe, low miles.
A little background, why I am very nervous buying a used car, especially a very expensive one...
Last time I bought a used car (was a cheap $5800 car) it threw a rod in 3 weeks. That was 20 years ago. Never bought a used car since until now.

I noticed today that in driving the Viper I can feel the tiniest crack in the road, like the shocks are non-existent. Is that 'normal' on a Viper?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave