Doing it Aggie style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOgN-4QnZ4

Can't leave Tech out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2JPnJO6mhE&feature=related

AggieTrain.jpg

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a wheel cover on a Jeep Wrangler the other day that said "Jeep Austin Weird".

....got me in a quandary - I love UT, not a huge Austin fan, I feel a tad hypocritical.... There is a lot of nuts in that fruit cake if you know what I mean :D

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two pretty much fit together, call'em teasippers for a reason!

Richard

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice....We'll see how the SEC "welcomes" the Aggies this year (it's been 16 years since A&M has beat an SEC team....). To much of the photo above I'd assume :D:D:D It's still difficult for me to defend Austin.... Not my cup of tea I guess :D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nice....We'll see how the SEC "welcomes" the Aggies this year (it's been 16 years since A&M has beat an SEC team....). To much of the photo above I'd assume :D:D:D It's still difficult for me to defend Austin.... Not my cup of tea I guess :D

It's cyclical (football) and we have been poor for awhile so you won't see me defending them but I have a feeling things are on an upswing. Recruiting classes a steadily getting better and talent seems to be finding it's way back to College Station. As for the SEC I can't wait :D. It's too bad Dodd's won't let you guys schedule the Thanksgiving Day game as an out of conference game similar to the Florida v. Florida State rivalry, or the Clemson v. SouthCarolina game. I figure it will come back in due time but if it doesn't no big deal either, looking forward to the Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas games every year.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm right there with you FlatOut - I really hate the see the rivalry go away....Is A&M going to change their fight song now since it won't make since in the SEC? :D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm right there with you FlatOut - I really hate the see the rivalry go away....Is A&M going to change their fight song now since it won't make since in the SEC? :D

Lol not sure, we still same Gig'em minus the TCU games. Who knows maybe we saw off Tiger ears :D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those who live in glass houses.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be out there Paul. However, I have a conflict with my GF's grad school graduation that day. I will be there very early and leave by 9:30. I may come back in the afternoon/evening,

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I am back from the Houston Mile event. For a first time event, it was surprisingly well organized. The runway/tarmac was glass smooth; one thousand times better than the track at the Texas Mile.

I am still on my "street" 616whp setup, and drove to/from the event. I had some commitments early morning and couldn't make for the cooler weather. However, I still managed to get three runs between 3-6pm.

As for the car performance, I was running out of 4th gear right at the 1/2 mile mark (stock rear gear, stock sized tires). I tried bumping the rev limiter and shifting into 5th. However, keeping it in 4th yielded the best runs.

1) 157.4mph (banged 4th gear 200 ft before 1/2 mark)
2) 157.7mph (shifted in 5th about 400 ft before the 1/2 mark)
3) 159.9mph (rolled it off the line purposely, banged 4th gear limiter right at the 1/2 mile mark)

Here is a pic of the slips and a pic of my car at the event with a well known female drag biker attending the event.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go buddy! I was looking forward to this post when I got home today.

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the old Gen.1 today. After missing some gears I finally got a best of 146. It was more than I expected. A better driver may be able to get a little more out of it. Anyway I had a blast!

F

FrgMstr

Bspin, did those match up with your half mile times in Beeville?

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best I could get at Beeville with this tire setup (stock sized HRE on INVOs) was 158.1mph. However, I did match it exactly at 159.5mph with my shorter/lighter SRR on kumho 710s road racing tires.

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. I made one also but I have no way to edit it. I wish that I had stuck around for a while and made a couple more runs but I left at 3 PM. I wasn't sure if you were going to make it out.

Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper