My GTS Vapor Steel Grey

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've bought this viper and modified it to my taste during the last 6 months, I think it is now finally presentable.
So here's some shots I took yesterday:

You must be registered for see images

What's on the car right now:

- Vipair Coilovers (Thanks Steve!)
- 3.73 Differential Gear
- SCT street tune
- High Performance K&N Induction Kit
- Upgraded Throttle Bodies
- Upgraded Mass Air flows
- Belanger Headers
- Belanger 3.5" straight exhaust
- MSD spark plug wires
- GTS-R spoiler removal
- Clear corners
- Limo window tint
- HID kit 6000k
- Toyo Proxes RA1
- Spacers 1" rear

Coming soon:

- Spacers for front
- Black paint wheels, gas cap (I'm alergic to chrome) & maybe stripes
- Lower rear springs (gonna lower the car a little bit more front & rear)

Future plans:

- Custom made Twin Turbo system

I am a web developper from Montreal, Canada and lover of Japanese super cars. Yes, that's right, Japanese haha. I had many japanese cars in the past, including a nice RX7 FD3S Twin Turbo and a beasty Toyota Supra which I swaped single turbo and put down 600 hp. There's a time in life that you want some change in your car world, and I always had a little something for the Viper. With the new generation coming out, older model seems to be affordable now, which is nice since the gen 1 & 2 are my favorite model, so I went ahead and bought one on impulse, without knowing anything about Vipers or any American car in particular. The seller did'nt even let me drive it before I bought it, so it was pretty much a dice roll...

Which turned out GREAT because I'm in LOVE with this car fair and square. WOW, what a blast to drive, the torque and the sound is INSANE :D
It's a little slower on the highway than my supra, but it's definitely faster 1-2-3 with good tires (Toyo Proxes 100 threadwear).

Well, virtual hi five to every Viper fan out there, I'll stick around for some time!
Thanks for looking

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a 2000? I am assuming it was Steel Gray when it was born. Beautiful car and one of my favorite colors for a Viper. Welcome to the club. Make sure you join the VCA, it is worth it.

stemal

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car Flames!!! :2tu:

i live near Montréal pm me, maybe we can get together, i have an 06 vert same color (viper slate christal, very similar)
:headbang::drive:

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Mods & car look nice, and I love the background you chose for the pics.

Thanks! :D

Since when did these cars get MAF's?

Not sure, the previous owner told me that.

Is it a 2000? I am assuming it was Steel Gray when it was born. Beautiful car and one of my favorite colors for a Viper. Welcome to the club. Make sure you join the VCA, it is worth it.

Yes it is an oem steel gray 2000 GTS! Thanks :D

Beautiful car Flames!!! :2tu:

i live near Montréal pm me, maybe we can get together, i have an 06 vert same color (viper slate christal, very similar)
:headbang::drive:

Thanks! Oh nice, that would be great !

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Great looking snake! I also have a few Japanese sports cars (95 & 99 3000gt vr4), but the Viper is in a whole other league. What's a GTS-R spoiler removal? Did it have a wing and you just removed it?

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Great looking snake! I also have a few Japanese sports cars (95 & 99 3000gt vr4), but the Viper is in a whole other league. What's a GTS-R spoiler removal? Did it have a wing and you just removed it?

Hey! Nice 3000GT, I love those cars!!

Yeah my car came with the GTS-R spoiler from the dealer.
I removed it, I think it looks really bad and I don't do serious lapping so I dont need the extra downforce.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you running stock studs or longer studs with 1" spacers. also what kind of spacers you have, huncentric or regular? i went through with this with my car already. just curious.
dennis

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you running stock studs or longer studs with 1" spacers. also what kind of spacers you have, huncentric or regular? i went through with this with my car already. just curious.
dennis

The spacers I bought are hubcentric and have studs on them, so you bolt the spacers on your oem studs and your wheels bolts onto the spacer's studs.

OEM viper wheels have "holes" in the center peice so the oem studs sits in there.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why on earth would you use those spacers? The car doesn't need them. ???

And no... the Vipers didn't have Mass Airflow meters until 2008.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why on earth would you use those spacers? The car doesn't need them. ???

Because the oem wheel gap is hideous.

Aftermarket wheels aren't needed, yet most people install a set.

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must say your car looks absolutely perfect. Love every part of it!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man... probably the only Viper I like with stock wheels is that color combo right there. I would garage that thing, I love it... oh baby.

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man... probably the only Viper I like with stock wheels is that color combo right there. I would garage that thing, I love it... oh baby.

+1

Looks great. But not too sure the black wheels would compliment that shade of grey. Perfect how it is. Don't change perfection.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1

Looks great. But not too sure the black wheels would compliment that shade of grey. Perfect how it is. Don't change perfection.

Thanks!! :D

I'm not too sure about the black wheels & stripes anymore... I don't think it's gonna happen.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My track rims are getting black powder coated at my shop now. It's "fill" work so I'm not sure when they will get done. Anyway, once I get them back and get the Toyo's on, I'll post up a pic since my car is the same exact year and color. track wheels back...another step down that damn slippery slope....

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My track rims are getting black powder coated at my shop now. It's "fill" work so I'm not sure when they will get done. Anyway, once I get them back and get the Toyo's on, I'll post up a pic since my car is the same exact year and color. track wheels back...another step down that damn slippery slope....
Carl, if you already have track wheels and are talking about Toyos, you're already on your way back into the pool. Jump on in , the water is nice!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put in the oil pan trap door kit yesterday. I need an intervention.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*last update*

Car made 435 whp and 500 wtq on a dyno without any correction, so this is pretty good numbers! :D

I sold the car not very long ago, I'm changing project, going with something less expensive to mod up to high HP numbers. I truly think the Viper GTS is the most intense / fun to drive car I've ever own and I'm very proud I owned one of these beast during some time :) Pretty sure I'll miss the torque, the sound and the driving feeling all together wrapped with that exotic **** badass look :D

Here is some of pictures taken during the summer, enjoy!

You must be registered for see images attach

Farewell Viper fans! it was short but so worth it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper