@#%$!*@ Am I the only one that has problems with my remotes!! I need help!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have both my remotes. It seems like sometimes they work fine and other times I can't arm the Viper. It's not the batteries and not the programming because it does it occasionally. I get out of the Viper and close my door and hit the lock button. Nothing! I push and push and finally it arms. I go inside the store and come out. I hit the unlock button..nothing! I hit it several times and it unlocks..finally!

Sometimes it works great and other times it doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to chuck, he saved me from being stranded...I found the secret disarm switch in the glove box. Otherwise I was stuck in the mall parking lot with a bunch of zit face kids asking me too many questions about the car while I was trying to fix my Viper. Grr!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are under warranty. Just go to the dealer and they'll give you two new ones if they are in stock. That's what I did, haven't had any problems since.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the plan if shes locked and won't open?Try disconnecting the battery?I get stuck sometimes stroking the fob,glad no women,children watching
laugh.gif

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I too have found the remotes to be erratic, range wise. I've found two issues:

One, interference with mercury vapor lamps. Cuts the range down to a few feet.

Two, another problem seems to be a weak set of battery contacts within the remote. After using a bit of conductive paste (I use Eastwood's Koper-Shield), this problem seems to have disappeared.

ab, At least you have a glovebox override. Us '96 & '97 owners don't!

Eastwood </FONT f>

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Are you Mobil speedpass users? I understand that there might be an interference issue?

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a keyfob or anything like that around the remote?

This is wild, but I can almost double the range of my remote by holding it under my chin.

I read it somewhere and laughed. But it works.

Steve

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Most likely it's your remote. Happened to BOTH of mine, Just simply open it up and bend the contacts so they touch the battery. Over time, they warp and don't make good contact..

Gerald

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had this problem also. It seems to be around buildings that have microwave antenas. Like hospitals and large hotels. Many other buildings such as malls or chain stores use microwave comunication's as well. Everyone should read there manual about manualy dissarming to security systems. It could happen at any time.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Does anyone know where the receiving antenna is located? Perhaps an "enhancement" could be developed?</FONT f>