Success with GTS fuel pump Primer Timer - one question, though

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Rich for letting me crawl under and into his 16,000 mile B/W GTS to find where to install this fix for bad fuel pump check valves. We found the right wires, but if someone could identify what color the GTS service manual (not RT, I have one and it's different!) describes them as, I would be very grateful.

Here's the medium size image, large is here.

186IM000013-med.JPG

This relay block is to the left of the amplifier (amp and bracket removed in this picture) on the left rear wheel **** in the trunk. The bottom relay is for the fuel pump, the red one is the heated rear glass relay, the silver piece is the rear glass circuit breaker and at the top is the fuse for the fuel pump relay. (I forgot what the pink thing is.)

The timer's red wire is attached the wire that enters the relay in the lowest position and is the power feed from the ignition. Is is a blue wire with gray stripe. Or maybe a violet with white stripe?

The timer's green wire is attached to the wire leaving the relay going to the PCM, which grounds it to energize the relay. From the lower right, it is the fourth one going up towards the upper left. It looked tan or brown in the car, and looks violet/tan in the picture. What does the manual say?

The timer's black wire attached to a taillight ground wire.The plastic box was later put behind the carpeting rearward of the net. It is well out of the way.

The Primer Timer extends the fuel pump run time during key-on and subsequent cranking to 10 seconds (instead of 1 sec.) Therefore the fuel line, which has drained of fuel, is refilled almost right away and you don't have to crank and crank (meanwhile the fuel pump is cycling on and off!) Rich was pretty happy - his was bad enough that a restart after just a few moments was usually a cranky affair; now starts right up. As soon as I have the color codes I'll write the instructions and have some available. Install is still a do-it-yourself 20 minute job.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom:

In my 1998 GTS Manual the first wire is listed as Dark Blue/Gray (DB/GY) and the second wire is listed as Brown/Violet (BR/VT). Hope this helps. Appreciate what you have done for the Viper Community!! :2tu:

Jeff Baker A1998

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom....hate pulling up your old threads but reading through my posts you have help me with....this sounds like the issue my friends 96 GTS is having?

Do you sell this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960