Spark plugs changed to XP985's

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well based on recommendations by Robbie, I got a set of XP985 plugs and set out to install them.

What a hassle, I'd like to apologize to Robbie for names I called him in my head when I was installing them, LOL. I've never done something so simple, with such difficulty. Those heat shields are a pain, had to pull everyone to get at the plugs, well, all but one anyway.

Test drive shows the car is much smoother, surprisingly smoother, in fact the exhaust note is even smoother, less popping, etc.

Thanks for the recommendation Robbie, great result.

Dave.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DMan,

You are very welcome. Those plugs make a huge difference. As far as the heat shields are concerned all you need to do is use a long thin screwdriver and pry the shield away from the spark plug so that you socket will fit the plug.

Thanks again,

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robbie,

Did you ever try/test the new Bosch iridium plugs, as posted a couple of months ago? I'm really curious about those plugs ... and it would seem that the +2 versions would perform better than the +4 versions becuase the should 'shield' the spark less ...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not tried the plugs listed below as of yet. I am happy with the Autolite XP985 and have had problems with Bosch plugs in the past on many applications. At $10.00 each, my cost, they are quite expensive. I may call Bosch and try to get them to send me a set to evaluate like I did the Denso,s which turned out to be junk in my opinion.

BOSCH​
4508​
PLATINUM IR FUSION SPARK PLUGS​

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... evaluate like I did the Denso,s which turned out to be junk in my opinion.

I think it really is important to match the plug against the right application ... I used the Denso plugs in an Acura and they were awesome -- felt like +20hp. But they could be all wrong from the Viper ... thus, the question on the Bosch plugs

(I still don't get why they offer a 2-prong plug AND a 4-prong plug ... which is supposed to be better for which application? ... I notice on ROE's site that he only sells the 2-prong Bosch plug.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4