Reaction score
McGuire Air Force Base Air Show
Viper Club Gathering
:usa: SUPPORT OUR TROOPS RUN:usa:
May 12, 2007
FREE ADMISSION AND PARKING

Main Gathering Point – 8:30 am Leaving Gathering Point at 10:00 am
The World Famous Mastoris Diner – Bordentown, New Jersey
Information on the Diner can be found at www.Mastoris.com. Travel is very easy as the dinner is centrally located to New York, Philadelphia and Delaware.

Mastoris Diner
144 US Highway 130 (609) 298-4650
Bordentown, NJ
A personalized map can be generated for each person wishing to travel to the diner. Just click the directions button on www.Mastoris.com

Approximate Time to Mastoris from Holland Tunnel – 1 hr 5 min.
Take NJ Turpike South to Exit 7A approx 43.7 miles
Pay Toll
Merge - I195 West toward TRENTON to Exit 5A US130 South approx 2.3 miles
Travel on US130 South approx 5.1 miles
Mastoris on Right Side

Approximate Time to Mastoris from Asbury Park (end of I195) – 40 minutes
Take I195 West toward TRENTON to Exit 5A (US130 South) approx 29.2 miles
Travel on US130 South approx 5.1 miles
Mastoris on Right Side

Approximate Time to Mastoris from Philadelphia Walt Whitman Bridge - 45 minutes
Exit Bridge and head on Route 295 N to Exit 57 (US 130 North) approx. 29.9 miles
US130 North turn onto Local Route 206 North approx. 1.8 miles
LOOK FOR MASTORIS SIGN
Mastoris is on Right Side at the Junction of Route 206N approx. 200 feet

Directions to McGuire AFB will be given to participants at Mastoris Diner.
Parking at McGuire AFB is free. General Parking is provided. No separate parking for participants is provided.

AIR SHOW TIPS
Remember
The Air Show covers a lot of ground, be prepared for lots of walking.
Safety and Security First
  • NO COOLERS! Anybody with a cooler will be turned back at the gate.
  • All air show visitors and their bags are subject to search while at McGuire.
  • There is a no smoking rule on the flight line which is strictly enforced.
  • Observe all signs, including the ones that say "do not touch" - they're there for a reason.
  • Do not touch any aircraft unless you're invited to do so by the aircrew and never climb on the planes.
  • Some aircraft on display are open for tours. Don't let this opportunity to explore these airplanes pass you by.
  • Trip hazards are everywhere. Watch for tent ropes and aircraft tie-down chains. They appear out of nowhere. Also, watch for other people. The flight line gets crowded.
  • Do not attempt to cross the crowd fencing - this is a show stopper!
  • Remember that trash can be sucked up into the aircraft engines, damaging the aircraft and endangering the pilot's life. Please keep the flight line litter-free by using the trash receptacles provided for your convenience.
  • No bicycles, skates - including inline skates - or skateboards. The flight line gets too crowded for people on wheels to be maneuvering through the masses.
  • Pets are not permitted on the flight line. Service animals being used for special needs are permitted on the flight line.
First Aid
  • Drink plenty of fluids, especially if the day is a sunny, warm, spring day.
  • Apply sunscreen often, especially to small children. Temperatures on the flight line typically are higher than normal. Bring a hat - most people forget about the sun beating down on the tops of their heads.
  • Take time out to rest during the day. With the excitement, you could become fatigued.
  • A first aid tent will be set up at a yet to be determined location.
Lost and Found
  • A lost and found/information booth will be set at a yet to be determined location to report lost children. Announcements will be made over the public address system. Bring found items or report lost items to the lost and found/information tent.
Information on the Air Show is found here:
http://www.305services.com/main/airshow07/

Air Show Flights Begin at Approximately 11 am and extend to 4:30 pm
:usa:

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Results so far:
PatentLaw
PatentLaw (additional car)
Dave Moore
Sleekride +1
(Sleekride additional car)
*** Blk + 1
Redliner
Valentine Viper
(Valentine Viper Additional Car 1)
(Valentine Viper Additional Car 2)
AviP +1

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for more cars. Hope to see you there! Central NJ gatherings are rare! Don't miss out. Personal invites sent to most of you. Look forward to seeing lots of cars there. Need to finalize the number of cars for the Diner. Post here and let me know.

Plaw

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Results so far:
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride +1
*** Blk + 1
Redliner
Valentine Viper
AviP +1
Brian M.

More coming soon! No other events in the area on that weekend. Looks to be great.

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Dave Moore (additional car)
Sleekride +1
*** Blk + 1
Res Ipsa
Valentine Viper
AviP +1

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you saw the news, the Fort Dix Army Base was targeted for attack by terrorists. As you may know, Fort Dix is right next to McGuire AFB, the gathering for this Saturday. Show your pride in our country, don't be scared by the terrorists and support our troops.

Available Vipers should gather for the Support Our Troops run to show support for the armed service personnel. Saturday is your chance to show your true colors!!!

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Anybody in central Jersey going down? Do you want to meet up somewhere?
I'm in Bridgewater. I'll be heading down 287 to the TPK.

Dave

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you coming, it plans to be good. Some last minute additions from Corvetteforum. I wish you all a fun and safe trip to Central New Jersey. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow am.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm in, see you at the diner!! I just have to wash the car later tonight (victim of the neighbor's sprinkler...uggggg)

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFL,

You are the man. Glad to have you along. Shining up mine as we speak. Have a safe trip to Bordentown. Will be great to meet you.

Plaw

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FABULOUS DAY IN NEW JERSEY! 75 degrees. Very light clouds, no rain. Great day planned. Thanks to all for coming. Pictures to be posted upon return. Last minute people accepted. Don't miss it.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, that was a very good show and great to meet everyone.....now if only they could arrange some empty runway time for us to have some un-policed fun for 3 miles or so.

Thanks PatentLaw for putting this together!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron, it was my pleasure. Everyone got somewhat scared about parking on the grass. Fortunately negotiation skills are a strong point. Pictures to be posted later.

Nice ACR AFL!

And you should have seen how dirty MY car was after the event. Pollen city. Nice taking the back roads, however.

Plaw

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLaw,

Great job with today's event. The experience was unforgettable. Educational, informative, but the word that would best describe it would have to be WOW! Thanks a mil for the opportunity to join you guys.

P.S. Aaron, good meeting u bud; hope to see u soon.:2tu:

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was exceptional for my son. He got a personally signed autographS from the THUNDERBIRD pilots right there. Total Class........

Kids dream of this.

Thanks for the kind words.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay and Plaw, it was my pleasure to spend time with you and everyone else. I am planning on attending our carting outing this Friday in Maywood and the BBQ put on by Tator's up in Saratoga, NY on Sunday....hopefully, I'll see you both again at both events. As for my ACR, with the "to do list" I have planned, I'm happy she still looked even presentable, I just wish the original owner had kept those ACR rims and I'd already finished chroming them.....ahhh but such is the love for a car, she's never perfect in her owner's eyes.....and if she is, she needs a new sister to work on.

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala