Rolled up to a 408 Vette...Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday my girl and I were cruising and we rolled up to a black C5 that wanted to play.

After dropping the hammer a couple of times to get our attention he pulled up next to us and asked me what I had. I said it's pretty much stock and he said he had a 408 stroker.

First go around we rolled from a stop to about 70 mph and I had him by about two cars then we let off.:D
We turned onto the feeder road to head to the Sushi bar and I didn't think he wanted to play again since there was an on-ramp and he looked like he was headed up it but apparantly not. He pulled up next to us after passing the ramp and we were going close to 45-50mph and I was not in a good position with the 3.07 gears and so I left it in second and it bogged badly. He instantly pulled a 1 1/2 cars on me up to about 80 mph.:mad:

Wasn't too happy with that when I sat down for our dinner date.:confused:

Oh well... I've been kicking around lately for a power adder so I've been calling around to see which way I want to go now. Seems like everyone has 450 plus horsepower these days.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
invest in a driving lesson.....

if you pulled him from a light to 80, you should have from 45-50 and up if it didnt "bog"

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd gear bogged when you hit it at 45-50mph? Should have been well enough into the rpm band at that speed I'd think.

- Better luck next time :)

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's worse is now you'll be reminded twenty times a day that you lost ...every time you see a black vette.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A polite reminder from the Site Staff

....the posting policies state:

13. The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.