Here's my new Viper video, life in the countryside eh'

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool video. I especially was interested because my 99 looks exactly like that. If you do another one some long scenes driving along a winding country road would be nice.

I hope that car coming the other way toward the end of the video when you left the camcorder sitting in the middle of the road didn't run over it. :omg:

Last edited:
OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the overwhelming feedback, nice to read after a tough Monday. :2tu:

I painted the bracket with tremclad last night, paint is still too tacky to handle and mount back on the car. Here's some pics of it. There's 2 platforms for the camera. For the low shot I bolted the secondary side bracket on, otherwise for the elevated shot I left it off so it wouldn't wobble the camera as bad.

It's made out of scrap metal I had laying around, 3/8" solid bar bent by hand in a vise, and just mig welded it up. I used longer M6 screws to mount it to the factory license plate nut inserts. I slotted the bottom holes so I could plop the bracket on the 2 lower screws rather than trying to hold the thing while trying to get the first screw threaded.

You must be registered for see images

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I'm not that cleaver with tools! Will this only work on your Viper? I'd like to do similar shots on the F430, Gallardo & Viper

So it all just mounts into the license plate screw holes?

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I'm not that cleaver with tools! Will this only work on your Viper? I'd like to do similar shots on the F430, Gallardo & Viper

So it all just mounts into the license plate screw holes?

The license plate screws held the bracket ok since they were threaded aluminum inserts on the RT/10 rigid decklid, not sure on another car if it'd work. Iif the license plate screws are the typical sheetmetal type screws into a plastic molded rear fascia then I wouldn't recommend it due to the weight and potential camera wobbling.

Too bad you're so far, I'd enjoy making up a rig for you to mount a camera, I'd do it for free for a ride in one of those cars. :2tu:

If anyone in Ontario wants to borrow this setup, feel free to drop me a PM, it's yours if wanted.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your vid rocks. But I'm not jealous of your welding and fabrication skills. No, I'm jealous that you found a road with no gravel trucks, no cement trucks, no well trucks, no Wal-Mart tru......

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your vid rocks. But I'm not jealous of your welding and fabrication skills. No, I'm jealous that you found a road with no gravel trucks, no cement trucks, no well trucks, no Wal-Mart tru......

Thanks Dave. I just snapped these "Texas style" pictures minutes ago to show you who we have for neighbors.. They rarely visit the edge of our lot since they have 80 acres to roam.. but you know when they stopped by for a visit.. country life isn't for everyone.. but we'll never move back to the city, 38 years was enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. I especially was interested because my 99 looks exactly like that. If you do another one some long scenes driving along a winding country road would be nice.

I hope that car coming the other way toward the end of the video when you left the camcorder sitting in the middle of the road didn't run over it. :omg:

I did use that clip from a previous short video I made a while back, funny you should ask about running over it, yes.. I tried it. :drive:

http://www.wincom.net/mnllehti/Viper_Pavement_Cam_12_16_2006.wmv

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the rear mount spare interfere with my Auto Zone rear wing? Can it be striped to match the car? I've also heard that it will change the acoustics of the hood speakers. Please help. I've always wanted the rear mount spare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62