Installed the Roe front fascia kit and Poly Motor mounts

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this last weekend.

The fascia kit was fairly easy but took time with all the double checking I did on the measurements. I won't know the effectiveness of it for a month or so when I get back at the track.

The motor mounts on the other hand were a bit more of a challenge. I bought the poly ones from woodhouse. It's only 3 bolts/nuts per side but it was a fair amount of wrenching. The motor came up just high enough to slip the old ones out. The passenger one was a bit more of a puzzle than the driver side. My old rubber mounts didn't look as bad as I expected. I had seen V10 ACRs and his were bad. I did have a hell of a time getting the alum bracket off of them once out of the car. In fact one of the lugs broke off the old bolt before it loosened. Once that was done it was another puzzle getting them in place. I mounted them to the engine side first and lowered the motor which was now off center....dang. it was off towards the driver side about 1/2".

I raised the motor up some and put the nut on the passenger side mount and tightened it up drawing the motor back onto center. When we lowered it that time it fell right into place.

I have a bit more NVH from the mounts but it feels tighter if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to getting back to the track soon and trying out the goodies.

Carl

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't want all the waxer folks to rag on me how scratched up & dirty the underside is

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't wax that area....you can't see it so I don't wax it!!! Mine probably looks worse than yours. I want to see the Roe kit too. Pretty please?????

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want all the waxer folks to rag on me how scratched up & dirty the underside is

Forget the posers! Please post pics. BTW, did you install the transmission poly mount too? I don't know if it was the woodhouse engine mounts or transmission mount (or both) but my shifter now stays put. Doesn't move, rattle or shake. I used to miss shifts but no longer. I love the Woodhouse mounts...you can feel the car lurch forward now when accelerating. It feels like the car regained lost energy. A bit rough at idle but who cares.

- Tony

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forget the posers! Please post pics. BTW, did you install the transmission poly mount too? I don't know if it was the woodhouse engine mounts or transmission mount (or both) but my shifter now stays put. Doesn't move, rattle or shake. I used to miss shifts but no longer. I love the Woodhouse mounts...you can feel the car lurch forward now when accelerating. It feels like the car regained lost energy. A bit rough at idle but who cares.

- Tony

OK...I'll post some pics soon.

The acceleration does feel more crisp. I had installed the tranny mount and Dave's crossmember a few months ago. I actually like the slight buzz at idle. Feels more racecar like. I had solid mounts in a drag car some time ago and I liked that also.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same same. Woodhouse mounts and Daves trans/crossmember. I thought the engine was running rough at first but then realized..the poly mounts...duh. I broke the stock bolt off the bracket too when I tried to remove the nut..plus the OEM mount twisted/broke as well. There is A LOT of flex in the stock mount. I could not believe how CHEEAAAPPP the trans mount was.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting info on firming things up underneath.

Me being just a poor retiree and all...I'm going to try this part at Summit Racing - for almost $30 less. Looks the same doesn't it?

Energy Suspension (who makes both poly mounts) twice confirmed to a friend that it is the same poly trans mount. I have to order some stuff from Summit anyway, so I'll give it a try.

It's important not to alter the driveshaft/ujoint angle up front when doing something like this. On a Corvette forum I've read they stress using the extra plate shown on the Summit page to maintain the Corvette driveline angles. Whether it is on the Viper or not I'll have to see.

I can always send the poly trans mount back to Summit if it isn't the same thing.

- If it works out, I can spend the nearly $30 savings on myself. :dunno:

:rolaugh:

----------------------------------

2001 ACR/1999 GTS
Chrome ACR Wheels for sale
(24lbs lighter than OE 18")

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand the "poor" aspect. That's why I went with a proven part from a supplier I can not only trust but also races. YMMV but I don't want to have issues at the track.

Best of luck either way.

Carl

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
front fasica:omg: this is a great product:D even if it isn't mine:omg:

It does take some big one's to cut the hole:eater: but it helps cooling about 25-30':2tu:

Willow06.jpg

Big Brake Dave:drive:

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
front fasica:omg: this is a great product:D even if it isn't mine:omg:

It does take some big one's to cut the hole:eater: but it helps cooling about 25-30':2tu:

spot posting and get to work on a full set of delrin suspension bushings for under $250.:rolaugh:

I need them in a week! Season starts soon.:drive:

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spot posting and get to work on a full set of delrin suspension bushings for under $250.:rolaugh:

I need them in a week! Season starts soon.:drive:

Hey Carl

Bring me a set of front upper & lower control arms:omg: & rear upper & lower control arms:omg: and I'll start the building process:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: It just takes money:D Plus I need my nap:2tu:

Balls in your court:drive:
Willow06.jpg

www.davesbigbrakes.com

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but it helps cooling about 25-30':2tu:
After I modded the kit a bit it is pretty slick (I reconfigured the aluminum toward the rear that holds down the post cut facia) - especially since I had the underside of the facia painted after I cut the hole so the edges of the cut are painted - but it did not change my temps on the street one iota. Saddest part of the whole deal is I bought a bunch of little washers that fit perfectly around the rivets and effectively enlarge the rivet head and spread the clamping pressure over more of the facia urethane - then after stepping back to look at my VERY clean work on the install, and after I had the facia reinstalled, I notice that one of the washers had fallen off the rivet so one is missing. I still wake up in a cold sweat about that once in awhile because it is not perfect and I refused to take the facia back off, drill the rivet out, and re-do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32