Alpine radio is disappointing actually it stinks.

Reaction score
The guy who owns the shop that did my install has an rt/10 also. He is fabricating a new center piece(between the seats) to house a 10" woofer. Change out the door speakers at the very least, upgrade amps for a killer sounding setup.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto,
I put an 8" Sub, one that uses THE SMALLEST suggested cu. in. box volume. A couple better amps and some nice door speakers. Sounds LOUD, CLEAR and THUMPS! Don't waste your money trying to bass out of the center speakers....

My 8" sub is also in the passenger footwell area. Tucked up against the left leg area. STLL PLENTY of room for passengers feet.

Gerald

Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10 and am disappointed in the radio expecially the bass. For 74K I would think bass response wouldn't be too difficult since radio's have been around for 80 or more years now. Can't put a bass tube in the "trunk". Any suggestions??

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get good bass by replacing the two center speakers plastic enclosure with a properly sealed one that contains an 8 inch, two 6.5 inchers or with a little bit of force and a shallow sub, a 10 inch. Don't waste your time with one in the trunk unless you are OK with everyone else hearing your bass but not you. The gas tank completely blocks the bass from getting into the cockpit.

I am in the process of playing with all sorts of options having custom enclosures made until I find the one I like most. Once I do figure that out I will post the results. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

I have a different head unit, amps and speakers but without getting a decent sub it is all useless. In the end I may do what the other guys suggest with a floor unit by the passengers feet but I am hoping to be more than satisfied with replacing the junk speakers and plastic leaky enclosure that is under the grills between the seats.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with JonB. I almost never have the radio on. Mostly only on long highway trips. Paying 74K for 450HP sounds like a great deal to me.

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Without trying to sound too silly, I rarely play the stero. I would much rather listen to the exhaust note and engine sound especially while accelerating. About the only time I listen to the radio is when I'm doing some long distance highway driving and either want to hear "All Things Considered" or "Car Talk" neither of which require much fidelity (and sometimes no brain either).

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think the GTS stereo stinks, try living with a Gen1 cassette system for 3 years. When I got my GTS, I was very pleased with the stereo.