need TSBs for a 96 GTS

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I get copies of the TSBs that apply to my 96 GTS? I got a list off the recently noted web sites but it only lists the date, title, and summary. I'm my own tech so I want the details on doing the fixes. Never know when you might need the info.

OP
OP
B

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, those are the sites that list the number and subject. I'm looking for the full TSB that tells the tech what to do to fix the problem, parts required etc. I suspect these are hard to come by unless your'e a dealer tech.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I also have a 1996 GTS. Dodge prints up a book with all of the TSB's issued during a particular year. For example, for 1996 it's # 81-699-97010 is $24.00 and can be ordered @ 1-800-890-4038.

Problem with this method is that you get all Chrysler products for one year of issued TSB's only, so if any '96 SR (Viper) TSB's are issued in '97, you need the '97 book also.

A better way is via:
http://www.alldata.com/recalls/

It will cost you $19.95 for a year of web based access but you get everything that applies to a '96 Viper regardless of the year is was issued. It used be available also on CD-ROM at K-Mart, but I am not sure it is still is available that way. If you do the web based version, just view every TSB, print them out and file.

If there is a specific issue you need a TSB for let me know and I'll e-mail it over.

Ron

OP
OP
B

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like all the TSBs just to get smarter about the 96 cars. In particular I'd like to know about the driveline clunk going from accel to coast and back. Mine seems harsher than the only other 97 GTS I drove.I'd like to check it out before I take it to a dealer to play with.Thanks, Bill

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, 96 IS much harsher than 97 on driveline ****** (as I call it). I drive around it... Worst when cold. After an hour of running, it gets better. DON'T drive SLOW!!!
PBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave