Aftermarket exhausts and RT/10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've just ordered an '01 RT/10, and am contemplating putting an exhaust system on the car. However, I do not want to substantially increase the in-car noise level, and I know some aftermarket exhausts are *loud*. Does anyone with experience using aftermarket exhausts in the RT/10 have a suggestion or comment?

Cheers,
Ben '01 Yellow RT/10 (on order)

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Mmmm, a very good point. Anyone within 30 miles of Palo Alto, CA willing to give a soon-to-be-Viper-owner a ride in their RT/10, either stock or aftermarket exhaust? I have little to offer in trade, except for a ride in a Dinan modified '00 M5 or a 355HP supercharged M3 convertible...

TIA,
Ben
'00 M5, '98 M3 SC (for sale), '01 Viper RT/10 (still waiting)

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many people on the board will recommend that you remove the rear (third) muffler. It seems to make the car sound much better, but not sure how much louder it would be.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just getting rid of the rear muffler gets much better sound. Idle and decel is cool and wot really wakes up.

Cheap way is to have a muffler shop do the work. Or you can buy the rear assembly from Snake-oyl that is just stainless pipes that bolt in place of the rear muffler. uses the stock clamps so it's easy to put the muffler back on if you ever want to. 608-849-9878

GTS gets some additional resonance from the big hatch area when you delete the rear muffler but not so much in the rt/10.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
My current intent is intake, headers, and catback exhaust, with the possible addition of rocker arms, flywheel, and extrudehoned intake manifold. That seems to be the hot setup from what I've gathered here so far...

Ben "I haven't even gotten it and I'm already modifying it" Treynor

Status
Not open for further replies.