Squeeky Brakes

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeeky brakes are just part of the Viper experience!
You must be registered for see images
Luckly, you have several options that will not only reduce/eliminate the squeeking, but also greatly reduce the brake dust problem. Contact Rich Bontempi at High Performance House- http://www.highperformancehouse.com/ He carries the Porterfield brakes which seem to be very popular (there is a pad for street only use-R4S and race only use-R4). Also, I have heard very good things about EBC brakes. I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well. Good luck.
You must be registered for see images

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just at the plant last week picking up my new RT/10. I told the plant mgr. about my brakes on the brand new car squeaking and his response was that they make a street legal race car and that is just one of the minor drawbacks. He did however suggest the Porterfield pads, although I was told by others that they compromise the rotors a bit.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My 2000 had "the squeeks" for about 1000 miles...it slowly is going away...give it some time.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 also had squeeky brakes. Got about 1600 miles on it now and it is slowly getting less noticeable. Will still upgrade to a more "dustless" pad soon.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahahahah!~! ..... LOL

Yep, go figure? Nine years later... they still squeel...

That's what brakes do!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard the gen 3 cars' release is iffy with the fiat thingy :rolleyes:

if only a german car co could help out :lmao:

would be nice to have spall chekc too :headbang:
:eater:

alexander m embry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just removed and put back (same parts) driver side rear brake pads and rotor. And the squeaks went away but have started comming back slowly. My guess is that most of the squeaks come from the rear dirver side brakes that have car brake and e brake working off the same piston.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the Hawk HPS pads. They don't squeal at all and have almost no dust which is important to me since I am running polished rims. I also run a little anti-squeal lube behind the pads, but I don't know if that makes any difference or not.