I have to admit something

Reaction score
You first need to learn to drive a hog leg on either of the one's you metioned, but first and foremost the most important you better get used to all the power of the Snake. I suggest taking a driving school first before you buy the Snake or after you buy it. Good Luck TB

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Big Deal..

My Viper was also my FIRST manual transmission car. Just get it and release clutch slowly until it catches. When you get better, you'll start releasing clutch faster and pressing the gas faster also. It'll be easy about 1 hour into it, with stalls every now and then.

It's fun!

Gerald

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Sorry "Hog Leg"= Manual Trans.

Everyone has to learn some where how to drive one, so why not make it one of the fastest cars on the market....

Good Luck

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear TBSmith,

If you would like to call me I can explain to you how to learn the manual driving skills you will need to navigate a Viper. I have used this method for years, and in every case the student was capable of driving a stick shift in less than ten minutes.

A few years ago I actually taught a Ferrari owner with this method, right at the race track. She now competes at our regional events! It is simple, and it will save your clutch!

800-448-6248 ex 172.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Look Todd what more could you ask for than to have Steve offer this to you, plus to give you his toll FREE phone number? Call the man!!!! GEEZ

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd, nice thought. Steve, even nicer gesture!! I agree with Jason. Todd - Call him
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper was the first manual transmission car I ever owned. Yes, I was concerned with my abitity to control it given that I had never driven stick before. I learned stick just to drive this car! I was fortunate enough to have a few friends teach me on their cars (it's tough finding a rental place that has manual transmission cars). Bottom line, learn the basics, take it easy when you get the Viper, the Viper will actually train YOU because it's unlike driving any other car you have ever been in.

I still consider myself to be learning to drive stick and have yet to take it on the steep hills of san Francisco (I live south of the city and have had the car since February).

-W

Scott M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too never had a stick car before. My only experience came from riding motor cycles. Same idea, but different coordination. I do have a good friend who let me practice a few times on his Porsche, and I caught on quickly.

The day I picked up my Viper from the dealer, I jokingly surprised him, and of course I was extremely nervous. I didn't want to start pulling away from the dealership (with everyone watching) and stall the car.

But others are right, the car is so easy to drive since there's so much power behind it.

Scott M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets