Garage lifts

Reaction score
I shopped around and talked to a lot of people and decided on the Cytech "Double Park". So, when I went to the VOI and saw one demonstrated, I was convinced that I had made the correct decision. The unit is very well engineered and the materials are first rate. With the options that I ordered, the price was about $3400. I have had it since 9/00, and my friends and I have used it extensively. I have lifted everything from a Viper to a Cummins Ram (had to fold in the mirrors on the Ram) and have had no problems with it. My only regret is that I did not get it sooner.
A word of caution: The unit is shipped in a single crate and is very heavy. (the ramps make up part of the crate). You have two options for getting it off of the truck: (1) Fork lift or front-end loader(I used a loader and chains) or (2) uncrate it on the truck and take it off piece-by-piece. If you do this, you will need sockets and wrenches up to about 1 1/4" (don't remember the exact size) and at least two strong helpers - more would be better. Oh yeah, just remembered, you also need snips to cut the metal packing bands. Any questions, feel free to email me or ask on the board. One more thing: save the nuts and bolts used in the crate, you will need them later.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the Cytech. It's a great unit. And as stated previously, very heavy. I have a Mack truck (for the farm), so I picked it up at the local trucking port of delivery here in Portland. I also have a loading dock that we backed the truck up to in order to unload using a fork lift. As stated before, the ramps are very heavy! I had a group of neighbors come over after I had the rest of the unit assembled, and helped me place the ramps. 12 people showed up, so the move was a piece of cake! Assembly is the only drawback!

Good luck!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Cytech system VERY closely at VOI.6...NICE SETUP...seems to me that THEY will install it for you...might give them a call...Good luck,

Steve

Reaction score
Absolutely Cytech's Double Park is what you should buy. I had mine installed last week and it is great, easy to use, with many safety features. You do not need to drill it in the ground, it is free standing and easily able to move with you, in the event that you need to move. They have local installers in most area's, just give them a call and ask. Mine cost $600.00 to install, but that included picking up the 2000# item and taking it to my house and set up. It took them 3 1/2 hours to install it and they have installed 12 already. This means if you plan on installing it yourself, you can atleast double that time.

Just wanted to give you some feedback,

John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235