98 rt/10 how long to put soft top up by yourself??

Scott M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever owned a car with painted T-tops, like the ones I had from my old Corvette, and put them in T-top bags, it takes (at least in my opinion) about the same amount of time.

It seems to be somewhat of a hassle, but really worth it when you get to drive around without the top on.

And I would never, unless I can see the car, leave it unattended with the top off. Too many wierd things can happen to it when your gone.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always left my top off and never had any trouble. I just put anything important in the trunk. 20 years of convertable driving and zero problems. I do always put the windows up and lock the doors. The soft top is a pain but to be honest I only used the soft top once.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER take your snake to the mall. Use the Blazer. Hardly ever put the top on, when parked try to keep it in sight. Did put it on in 4 minutes flat (in rain).

Ron (SoCal Rebell)

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It only takes me a couple of minutes to put the top on my 1994 RT/10, but I have always done it with two people. I also rarely use the top.

It is a lot of fun parking the car in a public area where you can watch it and watch people's reactions as they walk by and see the car. It always draws a crowd.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One person can do it easy.... Just hold it over your head and get in the car with it, Lower it into position. (If you have V-Mania windows, Make sure you have both doors open)
You must be registered for see images

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to put the top on and off on mine. A one "woman" job. Although I will admit if there was a helping hand around, I would certainly grab it. Made the job much easier! I've parked mine many times, windows up, top off (the car)hehe! But not at the mall, and only for short periods of time. Take care and have a wonderful day!!
Laura

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper