idea for a club to share ownership in a viper

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the main discussion area for owners also, perhaps more suited to other potential owners here. Please see the web page and other links, sailboat assoc, etc.
Comments, suggestions, interest?
I belong to sailing club that shares two sailboats, a 30' and a 34', and it works, has worked for 20 years.
Location in central Maryland area near Baltimore.
A few people to own and share a 1998 - 2000 GTS, schedule time, belong to local Viper Club, etc. www.geocities.com/zoomieviper/index.html for more info,
contact if interested, comments, etc.
Mark

Reaction score
That idea could cause a lot and I mean a lot of problems if the wrong people get involved in it. What you going do if one person decides he or she wants out of it and you've already got the car? You can't just sell it and give them the money back because there's more than one owner! I think this a SCAM. My two cents

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of car sharing working but never on an exotic. I would personally lose too much sleep wondering how the other folks are treating my percentage of the car.

I have a sailboat too and have let others use it and have even thought of renting it out but that's a little different. I use the car a lot more than the boat and would be frustrated if it wasn't available for me when I wanted it.

Wouldn't an option be to rent one once in a while instead? I have seen them rented for around $200 to $400 a day. At $200 a day you could rent it for four full weekends a summer for $1600. Wouldn't that be a lot less than partial ownership (with insurance and everything being complicated with multiple drivers)? I realize you wouldn't have the asset but you also wouldn't have the headaches of others trashing the car. Besides once in a while you could rent the Diablo or Ferrari or other exotics too. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth