Changing from 1st to 2nd gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 RT/10. Sometimes when I am turning a corner to the left and trying to shift from 1st to 2nd gear, I have difficulty getting into 2nd gear. I have never had trouble shifting into 2nd gear while I am going straight. Has anybody ever experianced this before or have any idea what could be causing this?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've encountered this problem when turning right. Look at the dash and see if your upshift indicator light is on. There is a recipe in the cookbook on how to disable this - take a look and Keep those RPM's up
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Based on some of the comments here, it sounds like it is realted to low RPMs. When I have noticed the problem is when I an driving slowly in heavy traffic. What exactly is the shift device and what is it's function?

OP
OP
R

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I have seen the yellow shift light come on, but I haven't ever noticed that specifically keeping me from shifting into second or third gear. I have only noticed the difficulty shifting when I am turning left, but I also can only remember the problem happening with slow turns.

I am going to try some fast start left turns this weekend. If there is a problem shifting in those conditions, that would support your theory.

I will let you know what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave