Shopping for New Viper

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'97 = combination of best color (blue/wht.), best wheels (thin spokes), best idle (choppy), best dash (smooth), best pistons (forged). Plus, it's a true Dodge (before the raid) - but you have to really like Dodges for this to matter much beyond trivia.

If you hate blue and white and want a remote passenger mirror, later models are worth a look.

This be my biased opinion.

The main thing to look for is a good time. Which you'll have in any model year GTS provided it has been well cared for. Good luck with your search.

Reaction score
The color choices are personal taste so I will not go there. But I would suggest the 2001 because it will have ABS brakes. The 2000 and older do not have ABS. A couple hard stops with wheel lock up = flat spots = $$$$ for new tires. I have owned 3 GTS 97/98/99. Of these three I would suggest the 99 because of the electric mirrors and rear hatch release. The 97 has a disadvantage if you have a youngster as the passenger air bag can not be turned off. In 98...2001 the pass.. air bag can be turned off. Good luck and we look forward to you joining the VCA. If you order a 2001 Viper you can get a 25% discount for the Skip Barber 2 Day Performance Driving School. All other programs are discounted 10% to VCA members(1st year included with a new Viper purchase).
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456