Daily Driver Concerns/Nightmares

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just found out that the roadsters do not have door windows, exterior door handles (and hence locks.) Further, they are not convertibles and if you are at a light and it starts to rain, you have to pull off, open the trunk and get the soft top and stevedore it onto the car.

I had made the decision to buy a Viper before the end of the year and was planning to make it my primary daily driver except in snow.

Are there any solutions to the roadster problem? I have heard that the 99 - 00 roadsters have normal doors and can be locked up. However, I believe they are still not convertibles.

Are there any aftermarket solutions that will allow the roadster to be secured?

Regarding the Coupe: Is the coupe conventional? (Does it have conventional door windows, handles, locks?) This may be the only solution for driving the Viper everywhere, all the time.

Help
Tom

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Yes Tom, the coupe is conventional or at least as conventional as a Viper can be.</FONT f>

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawaii,

How is the wind pattern in the RT? I've heard some people say the wind blows pretty good on your face (usually not present in conventional convertibles.)

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wind pattern is fine. It's better than the 911 Cabriolet I had. If you put the sun visors up you shouldn't notice much wind at all in your face unless you are 8 feet tall or going 150 mph!

Mine's a daily driver, I just leave the top on if the weather is unpredictable and off when I know it will stay clear for a while.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to drive 94 w/soft top, curtains, and no rear window in the rain at about 40 degrees.

The guy that had it put 95k on it and drove it all year around including snow (he stuck his skiis out the rear window opening.)

For me, forget it. I'm too old for coarse motoring.

I've just looked at a 00 ACR and it is nice. Want to see newer RT also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave