Borla + Sean Roe cats installed!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
What were your dyno numbers with no cats? So you think you are pulling better power with the hi-flow cats? I thought people tended to lose 5-8hp when using cats vs no cats.

Mike

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wilddude:
Hey Chris,
What were your dyno numbers with no cats? So you think you are pulling better power with the hi-flow cats? I thought people tended to lose 5-8hp when using cats vs no cats.

Mike

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say what other people cars have done, but on my 94 with the stock cats and glasspack mufflers it dynoed 384.4 RWHP and 456.6 RW Ft lbs of torque.

With the cats removed and longer glasspack mufflers it dynoed 393.5 RWHP and 465.4 RW Ft lbs of torque, a gain of about 9 HP and 9 ft lbs of torque.

From what others had posted before I was expecting an increase of about 14 HP, but a loss of about 4 ft lbs of torque.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich,
when you took off your cats, did it get louder? I understand you put on longer glasspacks. Also, was there the dredded gas smell?

Mike

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is louder now than with the cats, it isn't too bad except when the hardtop is on. Then the droning gets pretty annoying fast. That's the one downfall of a side exhaust car.

I never really noticed any smell from it running too rich, my car seem to run on the lean side from what my dyno runs show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456