Nitrous Option

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,Use a 100rw shot around town and switch jets at the track to 150rw if you even need!
Try those sticky street Kuhmos everyones talking about.
Next best is the pilot 345,its slightly taller,wider,with the 308.
Install the MSD window switch,if I had one,i'd still have a NACA duct!
You have to have a WOT,NOS can only work with WOT,wire the MSD with the WOT,they'll work together.
If you buy TOM's or Alberts proven setups,I suggest the install by someone with NOS background.
My TOOFAST NOS uses all parts by the leader in the bus."NOS"over 20yrs.My system can be correctly installed by someone with IQ of 50 or less.Looks Pro Mod,most sneaky pete racers back off after one look!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A switch in the cockpit will turn the system on. The power for this switch is supplied by any circuit that is activated with the ignition on. A WOT switch is also required and should be set to to activate the solenoids at approx 2/3 throttle. Also put the bottle heater switch in the cockpit.

The window switch is a MSD product. You must purchase it and send it back to MSD to be modified for a Viper. It also requires additional high and low chip sets to program the window. Each set comes with 5 chips in 200 rpm increments. Use the 3000 and 5800 rpm chips. If you go lower with the upper limit the car could hit the the limit as you finish the quarter in fourth gear.

Stay with a 200 shot. Once you experience that, you won't want less. With a 200 shot you need enrichment, either gas or propane. Both have their pro's and con's. If you go with gas enrichment use a low pressure cut-off switch in series with the WOT switch. This won't allow the NO2 to turn on without sufficient gas pressure.

You won't have traction at lower speeds without a street slick like a Nitto radial. You can mount these on Viper front rims for use on the rear. At the track you will need something like MT ET's. If you want to get near to the ten's you have to get close to a 1.5, 60 foot time. The gears are debatable, NO2 and 3.45's are going to be hard to control.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ,too,am considering this option.Has anyone ever blown their motor up? Im talking with a setup from a reputable tuner and professional install. Ive searched but havent come up with anything.

TIA,

Joe

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an NX N20 setup in my last Corvette that I pulled when I sold it, and I'm planning on eventually adapting it to my Viper.
I had a fuel pressure switch, WOT switch and MSD window switch (I need to get a new one for the Viper).

I'm no pro, as the Vette was my first installation of N20, but I would not forego any of those safety elements in a nitrous installation. Along with a blow down tube and pressure guage.

I had one switch that turned on the power to the solenoids (when the fuel/WOT/window switches were triggered) and had that also turn on the bottle warmer. And then I had a second rocker switch for my remote bottle opener.

-Dean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456