What gives: Hennessey 800 vs. stock ACR same 1/4 mile times?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I am really curious as to why in the new Car & Driver The they compare a Hennessey 800 1/4 mile time to a stock ACR, there is only a tenth difference, 12.6 and 12.5. It certainly seems that they were paid off by Chevrolet and Lingenfelter to make sure the Corvette finished on top with the 911 turtle!!!

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was a pretty fishy issue too. I think most of the numbers seemed a bit off. I would be interested to know if any insiders could comment on this? Too bad John Hennessey doesn't post here anymore. I couldn't believe the "trash" they talked about his car. They did not sound that positive and talked about the numberous flaws with the car. I wonder why his car did so poor? And he got spanked by a Vette no less. What a shame.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they ran street tires and didnt even run on a drag strip so they were severely traction limited... the times were not averaged..

do a search for "supercar shootout" and you will find all of your answers and then some..

- eddie -

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like all of you missed the board discussion on this topic last week and the week before. Do a search in this area for 'car and driver' and my username: LTHL VPR .

There is ample discussion and explanations that will bring clarity to your questions.
-Wayne

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JusSumFastGi:
For $300,000 it should!

*$300,000 is based on $69,000 for a new Viper, $100,000 for the V800TT, $69,000 for another viper (after your first one is parted) and $62,000 for a DL level 3+ kit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 00prowler:
Hi all, I am really curious as to why in the new Car & Driver The they compare a Hennessy 800 1/4 mile time to a stock ACR, there is only a tenth difference, 12.6 and 12.5. It certainly seems that they were paid off by Chevrolet and Lingenfelter to make sure the Corvette finished on top with the 911 turtle!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've personally seen that same car run 9 second passes at the track!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JusSumFastGi:
For $300,000 it should!

*$300,000 is based on $69,000 for a new Viper, $100,000 for the V800TT, $69,000 for another viper (after your first one is parted) and $62,000 for a DL level 3+ kit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very funny, however, I'll wait until a DLM car is proven in heads up competition. Maybe a DLM car will show up at the next challenge and post some times? Dyno #s don't count in the 1/4 mile and reliability is another factor that needs to be tested!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DevilDog,

You shouldn't test a cars reliability on the track. If they are going to run at the track , rest assured SOMETHING will break. The test and reliability is in the hands of the customers , ON THE STREET. This is where DLM puts its efforts.

Do you think DLM's dyno sheets are faked? I can assure you they are not and the power I have on street tires are enough to ****** bikes.
supergrin.gif
and then some. Sometimes I have to let off the throttle so I don't run into them.. Gives you the shivers..
supergrin.gif

Gerald

not stock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
Very funny, however, I'll wait until a DLM car is proven in heads up competition. Maybe a DLM car will show up at the next challenge and post some times? Dyno #s don't count in the 1/4 mile and reliability is another factor that needs to be tested!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/006354.html

2000 GTS, Venom 650: 482 rwhp, 480 torque.

2000 RT/10, Venom 650: 466 rwhp, 489 torque.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave